Technical Hub carrier/upright for Sisley.

Currently reading:
Technical Hub carrier/upright for Sisley.

Hello all, a little bit of research on Agnes' behalf: Does anyone know whether the front suspension uprights/hub carrier things for 4x4s are the same as for 4x2s and whether they are still available? Roughly how much would they cost? I need both as they are rusted to buggery and the offside one has disintegrated where the steering linkage meets it.

Thanks, Luke.(y)

Holy sh!t!!!! Is that just for the upright/hub carrier or does it include the shock? If so it's a bargain........:D

Do you know what the part number is? It needs doing whatever and I need to work out whether it is worth the time fabricating parts instead...

Thanks again Jon, Luke. (y)

Yes!! My apologies, I should have done some looking before I started typing!!

There remain some questions unanswered as I see it having done a bit of trawling round some rusty threads: What is the part number for the 4x4 pillar? (I can't get eper to work and as Petel points out elsewhere there were discrepancies with the listing anyway) Are they only available from Fiat main dealers? There is some mention elsewhere of accurate comparative measurement taking place. If this is the case does anyone have access to the figures? This could save a great deal of cash 'cause I would (I think, given the previous posts elsewhere) be able to convert/modify 4x2 pillars to suit.

I hope someone can help with the above questions...

Cheers again, Luke.

Holy sh!t!!!! Is that just for the upright/hub carrier or does it include the shock? If so it's a bargain........:D

The whole thing from where its joined at the top to the wing / leg, and down to the bottom of the shock. Includes the shock I think as I've at least one leaky front one that needs doing :eek:. (The Sisley better apprechiate it! Nearly brought another mk3 today! :eek: :tempt:)

Jon, where are you getting the parts from? If they've got any more I'd like them!! I think I could manage £240 for the bits if it includes the shock... Paint the original springs bright yellow and and job's a good 'un!! :D

Cheers, Luke.(y)

Jon, where are you getting the parts from? If they've got any more I'd like them!! I think I could manage £240 for the bits if it includes the shock... Paint the original springs bright yellow and and job's a good 'un!! :D

Cheers, Luke.(y)

Not sure. My mechanic called his suppliers. I'm getting sisters mk3 looked over on Friday so will try and find out and confirm exactly what he priced then (y)

I'm hoping it won't happen, you're hoping it won't happen and Kev's hoping it won't happen but I'm not getting any major bodywork done until after the event!!! Better safe than sorry; did you see the youtube clip Pandamonius posted?:eek::eek::eek:

I'm hoping it won't happen, you're hoping it won't happen and Kev's hoping it won't happen but I'm not getting any major bodywork done until after the event!!! Better safe than sorry; did you see the youtube clip Pandamonius posted?:eek::eek::eek:

Yep :p

Put it this way, If I get the Sisley restored and the gearbox done this summer, I'll be treating her alot better next winter! Not that I don't now, but you know what I mean :p

:yeahthat:
I know exactly what you mean, part of me wishes Agnes was a rough standard 4x4 that I wouldn't feel obliged to look after like I do with this one. I don't think I could bring myself to fit a winch and snorkel to Aggie but we'll see!!

Luke.

If it wasn't a Sisley and was a normal 4x4, I would have modded it by now. Like Alarm and Central locking :p.

I'm getting worried about her being stolen though, especially with no alarm. So I'm going to be getting another gadget. A tracker :ROFLMAO:

Who would have thought. A tracker in a 21 year old Fiat Panda :p

Only a couple of months to get Tonka ready...:eek:

Thats bodywork, brakes, exhuast, oil, water, mot, reg doc's and road tax.
Thats just what i know needs doing!!!!!!

Got to start all this asap!!!!

kev

I know how you feel, I think I'm gonna get the suspension and steering sorted and book Agnes in for an MOT just for the advisory note... Get the bare minimum done and get her on the road for summer. I'll do the rest when I can fit it in!!! I love having 2 project Pandas, a 3 week old baby and a job!! :eek:

Just the thought of it makes me want to lie down!!

Luke.

Back