Tuning HT Leads

Currently reading:
Tuning HT Leads

weeeg

searched everywhere and cant find the info...so last resort thread lmao (sorry)

Basically I have been looking to change the HT leads and spark plugs on my GP...Not after mad power gains but I have the money and thought "meh, why not" lmao Anyway, cant find any for the GP 1.2 BUT i found the following set online, from what i understand and iirc, most fiat 8V 1.2 engines are basically the same. Found this set for the Mk2 and wondered if they also fit the GP, Im just putting 2 and 2 together here lol

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=3672328

Thanks Guys !(y)

Just out of interest, would u expect to actually gain a few bhp from this mod? I havent got a clue if these would actually go onto a gp tho!

If you can fit these to the car, it will give improved combustion and greater conductivity. However, the improvements will be minimal if any, especially on this engine. Id save my money if I were you.

i dont think any GPs have ht leads, dont they all have a coil for each plug?

I am with dave on this as far as i am aware the gp has got coil packs not ht leads i don't think any modern cars are fitted with disy caps.

Yeah not looking for any power gains tbh, just better running of the car...going for bosch plugs soon

you dont have ht leads you have one of these
55200112.jpg
you car will run just fine on the standard NGK plugs

Cheers dave ;) i think she might just need a good service, my local Fiat dealer are doing an annual service for around £80...That's me happy lol

Was actually thinking today about buying a diesel GP, but i think insurance would rob me...19Year Old, 2 years NCB, High risk area :( .... I hate car crime :(

Cheers dave ;) i think she might just need a good service, my local Fiat dealer are doing an annual service for around £80...That's me happy lol

Was actually thinking today about buying a diesel GP, but i think insurance would rob me...19Year Old, 2 years NCB, High risk area :( .... I hate car crime :(

I brought my gp mjet 1.9 when i was 20 and only payed £700 fully comp, i was paying that on a 1.4 petrol before that. Considering the power out put insurers seem to smile on mjet owners :D

you dont have ht leads you have one of these
55200112.jpg
you car will run just fine on the standard NGK plugs

The 1.2/1.4 8v do have HT leads Dave, albeit very short ones. ;)

"Performance"/multi-tipped plugs do sod-all to increase the available power, just give a more consistant spark over a longer duration. You'd get the same increases just from swapping from a worn set to a brand spanking new standard plugs.

I brought my gp mjet 1.9 when i was 20 and only payed £700 fully comp, i was paying that on a 1.4 petrol before that. Considering the power out put insurers seem to smile on mjet owners :D

Bought mine when I was 18 and paid £1300 fully comp. 2 months after my 19th birthday. Although this does seem slightly higher than everyone elses quote so I am definately shopping around better this April, but I will be 20 with 3YNCB *runs to touch wood*

Bought mine when I was 18 and paid £1300 fully comp. 2 months after my 19th birthday. Although this does seem slightly higher than everyone elses quote so I am definately shopping around better this April, but I will be 20 with 3YNCB *runs to touch wood*

To be fair i didn't mention a few things to the insurance company e.g. tinted windows, alloys and ICE. That did help to keep the insurance down, and i trawled all the comparison sites.

Wait 4 insurance groups between 1.2 & 1.9 ? Parkers says 1.2 is group 4 and the 1.9 is group 18 ?

I really want a 1.9 but the insurance is a big thing :(

Your'e right dave matey,

just got a quote for the 1.9JTD....£1300 a year, works out £127 a month...Thats £2 dearer than what im paying for the 1.2 ! ...Bear in mind im 19 driving near 2 years :eek:

Im seriously thinking about a 1.9 at the minuite :/

Back