HPI checks

Currently reading:
HPI checks

Kier

Prominent member
Morning FF'ers!

What is the best place to get a HPI check from? I seem to remember a few text ones, but not sure if they are that good or not.

Cheers.

Www.hpicheck.com

Slightly pricey but very good, and they used to do 7 days free insurance cover with their top HPi check which was handy when buying a car and needing cover.

Cheers, thats what came up on Google but wanted to check it was good :).

Come back all clear :D. Can't get the 7 days insurance as its older than 10 years sadly.

They've valued it at £1500. Pretty pleased if that is the case!

Last edited:
Sweet! I'll remember that when it comes to buying a car too

its about time a company something to give you the chance to get the car on the road legally

Alot of people buy the cars - dont insure it on the first drive home
either you
A - Crash = problem
B - coppers
C - lucky sod :)

ziggy

its about time a company something to give you the chance to get the car on the road legally

either you
A - Crash = problem
B - coppers

ziggy

I spent 30 minutes trying to get hold of Aviva when I got my Focus to swap it over, despite me phoning up the day before, putting all the details on, they still went though it all again. I had a really dodgy line too, middle of no where lol.

I paid like £19 for a days insurance until I could sort permanant cover at a reasonable price. 21yr+ and anything upto a Group 19.

Luckily, the increase is only going up £120 for the year! Pretty happy with that :).

Have to be over 21 and car has to be under 10 years old sadly :(. Otherwise it would have been great.

Yeah I read the small print. Still better than nothing though

either you
A - Crash = problem
B - coppers

ziggy

There's no way it's worth the risk, especially not with ANPR these days.. When I bought my car I put a deposit down, got the train back home, rang up the insurance company and then went back down a few days later. Lot of hassle..

i did the same for my new car

i put the deposit down - came back a few days later to pick the car up as they sorted a few faults before picking it up
Insurance started a day before i was due to pick it up just incase :)

I was well chuffed at picking up been legal and driving for the first time - my own car! :)

Ziggy

Have to be over 21 and car has to be under 10 years old sadly :(. Otherwise it would have been great.

That's a bummer. Could be any age of car when we done it on a 16 yo Panda back in 2009, must have changed. Who do they use insurance company wise? Can't remember who it was back when we done it.

There's no way it's worth the risk, especially not with ANPR these days..

But surely, as far as the database is concerned, the vehicle is still owned & insured by the seller until DVLA recieve the transfer docs - unless the seller stopped his cover from midnight last night (which is a bit daft - if anything happened prior to you picking it up...) ?

There's no way it's worth the risk, especially not with ANPR these days..

But surely, as far as the database is concerned, the vehicle is still owned & insured by the seller until DVLA recieve the transfer docs - unless the seller stopped his cover from midnight last night (which is a bit daft - if anything happened prior to you picking it up...) ?

True, but what if ANPR run my plates and the copper sees that the car is owned by a 30 year old woman, and then I pass them by?

I get your point, it's obviously not as risky as driving a car without insurance full stop, but I wouldn't do it.

True, but what if ANPR run my plates and the copper sees that the car is owned by a 30 year old woman, and then I pass them by?

I get your point, it's obviously not as risky as driving a car without insurance full stop, but I wouldn't do it.

As far as I know, I don't believe ANPR shows that, just pings up if something is wrong. I might be completely wrong as I've never seen ANPR apart from what is shown on TV.

ANPR doesn't raise specifics, just a yes or not to Tax, MOT and Insurance (y)

Learn something new everyday.. Surely it's all linked to the same database though, so it would just be another click away for them to find out the specifics?

Nope, not really, you seen the size of the screens they use :p

All done over radio I think, although it can be pushed through to their base units if requested, but pointless it being sent through for every car.

Nope, not really, you seen the size of the screens they use :p

All done over radio I think, although it can be pushed through to their base units if requested, but pointless it being sent through for every car.

True, guess I'm just extra paranoid.

I've seen it plenty of times, as I pulled into this carpark and got out I could see a policeman sitting in a car nearby saying my plate over the radio, I just lipread 'Yankee Sierra Zero Eight..' :p

Back