How to use eLearn?

Currently reading:
How to use eLearn?

mprowe

... and in particular the Search Function.

eLeardSearch.png

Sounds a simple question. But... Humor me.
The three fields for user input (top center in image above). Are they logically "and'ed" or "or'ed" ?
The bottom field, with the "CC" next to it. what is the significance of that?

If I place text (say D221) in each field in turn, I get:
  1. Four hits
  2. Zero hits
  3. Five hits
Now, field 1 & 2 - No Hits
Next 1 & 3 - On hit

I'll not go on. But these tests indicate to me that the three fields are related. But I can not see the connection.

Any clues, anyone?

Regards, M

I doubt anyone ever uses the search function in eLEARN

The top field is to enter the code for the section of the manual you want to see. For example 3310 is the section code for front disc brakes.

The middle field is to enter a word from the title of the section you want to see. For example, if you enter the word piston it will show all sections of the manual that contain the word piston in the title of the section.

The bottom field is to enter a word from the content of the page you want to see. For example if you enter the word bolts it will show all sections of the manual where the text in a section contains the word bolts.

In my copy of eLEARN, the bottom field is "Content", not c.c. Perhaps c.c. is an Italian abbreviation for content.

In my copy of eLEARN, the bottom field is "Content", not c.c. Perhaps c.c. is an Italian abbreviation for content.
Ah.... Maybe it is a malformed label behind the field. So I am only seeing The Capital "C" and half an "o"?
How can we compare versions?

Regards, M.

Hi,

Further to possible different versions...
I have just downloaded the eLearn DVD that you posted on 24/11/21 and it behaves the same way as my old copy.
So, I'm guessing that the problem is at my end. Fonts/graphic/window settings etc.

Perhaps I should post suplimenty question in another section of the forum? But as your are a Mod, maybe you could move it if necessary.
Anyway, just as an example in using the Search Function, how would I find the pinouts for connector D221? And more importantly, its physical location?

Regards, M.

Back