Currently reading:
Technical How to scan the car

All that is written:

GM 16214289 176 1.58L MAN

and

BP JZ 034

made in UK

Hi,
That is a Delco / Delphi ECU. They are not supported by Multiecuscan. You might be able to use software desigined for GM / Opel / Vauxhall cars e.g. Corsa. I think early GM cars used 10 pin socket so you would have to look at the wiring diagrams for both and work out the connections. Even then there is a good chance the software won't talk to the Fiat. Also I think the ECU is coded to the ignition key, lock and immobiliser so you have to get a set if fitting used parts.

Robert G8RPI.

IAW Scan is fine for mk1 punto 55, 60 & 75. It should work fine with the 85 too but I've always had issues with it and the P85 ecu. I'd give IAW Scan a go first before paying anything for MultiECUScan alexgm ;) Its actually a really neat bit of software, should do anything you'll ever need it to do.

When it comes to the 90 I've never managed to read the codes, it must be possible but its not something I've ever needed so never put much effort in.

And just to be complete, a GT has a bosch ecu and you can do a blink test where you bridge some wires and the light on the dash blinks out codes. I have more info on this is anyone needs but I wont go into it here as that not what anyone has asked.

All right, thanks alot blu73 and especially g8rpit for your support. I'll try soon the connection on the ECU and give you a feedback as soon as i receive the materials. I'll try the free software IAW scan first and see what it's like :)

Last edited:
Back