Styling How to remove Gear knob on mk1 punto??!!

Currently reading:
Styling How to remove Gear knob on mk1 punto??!!

rickv_60sx

I bought an abarth gearknob for my car and i just have no clue on how to take the original one off! I've tried to pull it and twist it with pliers and all i've ended up doin was scratching the hell out of it.

Does anyone have any ideas??? :confused:

my 55 sx just popped off :D (pull it off)

i had sawn mine after anyway, to have a shortend gearstick :p

punto_jr_sx75 said:
Does your new gear knob have a thread on the inside?

Got a picture? :)

My main concern!!
is it the same as this one?
gearknob0vz.jpg

Thats a standard one as it looks the same as mine. To get that off i have found all that is required is pulling it very hard, and whilst its in the palm of your hand move it left to right ever so slightly so as just to loosen it, because it will only pull off straight up, if you need pictures i can produce them:)

punto_jr_sx75 said:
Thats a standard one as it looks the same as mine. To get that off i have found all that is required is pulling it very hard, and whilst its in the palm of your hand move it left to right ever so slightly so as just to loosen it, because it will only pull off straight up, if you need pictures i can produce them:)

Sig anyone? :p

:eek: That's what's stopped me from changing the gear knob!
Can you push it all back? Let us know!

On the plus side - looks like a space ship handle thingy... :cool:

Mine is the same as yours i put it in 4th gear and pulled came straight off.

But i cant seem to find a nice aftermarket replacement with it being push on any help on that?

i was wondering m8 has ur sx 60 got a problem with the windows steeming up alot ?

JONABOY said:
i was wondering m8 has ur sx 60 got a problem with the windows steeming up alot ?

Too much humpty Dumpty in the car will have a tendancy to do that ;)

Nah sounds like the window vents might be bloked, tell him to put the heater onto windscreen and turn it onto full power then put his hand over the vent and feel how much air is coming out. if its only a small amount if any then he needs to dismantle the vents and clear the blockage (y)

I might be wrong so please dont shoot me :eek:

Back