Technical How to remove engine cover?

Currently reading:
Technical How to remove engine cover?

IamnomechanicxD

I think i would be a big fat joke as a mechanic :)

Anyways i have purchased a tuning box which they ofc stated that anyone could assemble without no knowledge whatsovever!

However, i cant remove the bravo engine cover for my T-jet 120..

There is ofc 2 very easy bolts to unscrew, one in each side.

But then there is some sort of i-have-not-seen-before black/bolt/thingy holding it down on the top side. How the hell do i remove that ? :(

If you could help me it would be really much appreciated..

And if there is anything else i should know while installing the tuning box, it would be great if you could help me! :)

Cheers guys!

Thanks for the fast replies guys, you are awesome in here :)

However.. i just found out i dont need to remove the engine cover on my particular engine.. the two things i have to remove and insert into the tuning box is allready on the outside of the engine cover. Very smart indeed. Didnt really figure that out on the first few glances. But makes my life so very much easier! :D

I just put everything where it should be and checked with the test-unit, and it works fine. Now i need to find a place for it to be put, and then i should be ready to start up the engine and give it a testdrive :)

I was in the same situation as you! I put my tuning box behind my fuse relay box, fits in there nicely.

need help here..

i just tried to open the engine cover on a Bravo T-jet. the bolts on both sides were easily undone with a socket and ratchet. however the one behind requires an allen key? couldn't get enough on it within that tight space to undo it.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I can't comment on that tuning box, i've never heard of the make, but it doesn't look too good quality.

I've got the TMC Tuning box, which has good reviews from many users on the forums. It's a little more expensive than most other tuning boxes you will find, but I reckon you get what you pay for.

Back