Technical How to connect laptop with ecumultiscan to car

Currently reading:
Technical How to connect laptop with ecumultiscan to car

ahmett

Prominent member
Hello, how do you connect the laptop with ecumulticscan to the car? What cable do you need and how do you get it?

I was thinking if my gearbox thing isn't solved by dealer to have a look at it myself.

Thank you.

A obd2 cable, a bluetooth obd2 adaptor or a wifi obd2 adaptor?
Those are all guesses as I have never used it, do the instructions of the software not say?

Hi Ahmett, you need an ELM327 interface with a usb cable attached, or with bluetooth capability, to access most of the control modules on your car. This will plug into your obd connector.

To access the engine module, you will need another interface (yellow colour usually). This other interface plugs into the car obd port, then you plug the ELM interface mentioned above into this.

I thought it sounded v. complicated when planning my purchase, but MultiecuScan is such an elegant piece of software it proved a joy to use.

Warning - lots of ELM interfaces are offered cheaply on e-bay which are claimed not to work. Taking no chances, I bought from a recommended supplier, EFuchs of Germany. To get it cheaper, buy it as cosmetically marked. It isn't, but provides a large saving over the "perfect" version.

Jason has lots of experience of using this software and may be able to give more info than I can.

Good luck!

Back