how to burn vista to disc?

Currently reading:
how to burn vista to disc?

Percyhahn

What could my title be?
hi everyone,
iv been running ubuntu as a dual system for a little bit alongside vista, and must say im impressed!! however its a little laggy, ands a few glitches, which will be ironed out with the full version (apparently). i think i want to try the full version though.
my laptop was new last september, and had vista preinstalled. can i burn my vista to disc (the os, not my files), so if i try a complete install of ubuntu and dont get on, or ever need vista, i have it on disc?. i dont have a vista disc :(.
cheers
pete

i got some blank cds i could use to set back up points, i have an acer aspire btw if that helps)
sorry, whats vista COA?
what would happen if i simply copied the system32 files etc to a disc, and made/downloaded/obtained a boot for the disc

COA = Certificate Of Authenticity ie. that sticker on your machine with the product code on it. Copying the whole folder won't work, you need a proper installation disk. As custard said though, use illegitimate sources to find a copy of Vista Home/Premium (whichever you have) and then use your legit code to install it, job done!

Back