Tuning How to beat a corsa vxr??

Currently reading:
Tuning How to beat a corsa vxr??

I'm talking Quarter Mile here, one time it was was very close between the SS and me, he ran 15.34 and I ran 15.28, however most of his other runs were slower than my average. The other SS couldn't beat 15.6.

I think u shoud put that down to the fact ur a gd driver and the others in the ss are s#%t lol

I've beat a completely standard vxr on a straight level mile road..close around 1/2 car lengths ..my mjet running 193. Bhp. 258 torque ... I've always wanted to race a abarth just can never find one that will play .... And I've actually never seen a abarth SS on the road ... But my predictions is that it would eat me ..

Think we should take this to the pod :p!!

I definitely am in 2 weeks time! But it's whether or not any SS or VXR decide to join me.. :p

I think u shoud put that down to the fact ur a gd driver and the others in the ss are s#%t lol

Thanks for the compliment, but I've only done 1/4 miles on two separate occasions, about 20 runs in total. Not sure about the others though.

I slightly chalk it up to the fact that the Abarth has shorter gear ratios due to being a 6 speed, and that's where the other drivers are losing time.

in answer to op yes is possible , my t-jet can beat vxr corsa's and abarth's, basicly i just changed anything that was going to be under strain and gave the engine a good refresh befor starting out ie full serive pullys belts tentioners waterpump gaskets hose clips fluids oils ect, then added a straight through 3" stainless system with twin 2.5" exit, forge induction kit, dailey dv24 bov and blanked off original recirc, vl36 turbo conversion , revvo ecu chip set up on rr,run on ron 99. no spare wheel no crappy subs or anything , and if im goin 1/4milein no back seats boot carpet liner ect.
i have also done all the work my self asides from the custom exhaust and rolling road so have done it on a fairly small budget and got my self a car that beat much bigger oponents (off public road naturaly).

i've been having a think about this and have come too this conclusion...

Mock him.. Seriously he's driving a vauxhall ! mock him over and over again relentlessly till he thinks there is nothing else to say then when he least expects it mock him some more.

1. it was built in the same factory as the world renowned TRABANT !!! possibly the worst most laughable car ever built!! there is a tribe in the most isolated areas of south america where no car has ever been and no member of said tribe could ever conceive what a car actually is, and they would still fall over laughing if you said the word trabant (or indeed vauxhall)

2. vauxhalls are cheap like dirt cheap maybe not to buy by comparison to our humble little fiats but when it comes to electronic gadgety and gizmos they still look to the musical cards section of Clintons for most of there processing power. a good friend of mine bought a year old astra, one morning got in his car over night it had done half a million miles the display had said 15k the night before it now said 515k and the best be was the dealer ship he bought it from only a month or two previous though he was trying to scam them into clocking his car !!! a Stylophone is more reliable electronically than a vauxhall.

Finally the styling.
Vauxhall have to build some of the most boring dullard cars on the road remember the vectra VXR (that was the one that didn't have steering just a wheel to give the driver something to hold onto when they crashed) I once fell asleep just looking at it, had only been 3 second and i was out cold!
last year i had a insignia for a few weeks followed by a corsa and i can honestly say that neither of them made me what to get out and drive they were both soooo depressing!
(I heard kurt cobain had a vauxhall)
Nothing exciting has ever come out of a vauxhall factory unless it passed through norfolk to have life breathed into it by Lotus. and on that one occasion that vauxhall realised there crap at making exciting sports cars they asked lotus to build one for them the Vauxhall VX220. the very second they put the vauxhall badge on the world got bored by it, fantastic car but boring.

Vauxhall can't make engines that'll by why they buy the good ones from fiat and turbo the crap out of they ones they make them self just to try and seem interesting.
they had the technology of Saab at their fingertips and still managed to produce the insignia !!

need i continue?? really yeah his car might go a bit faster but it will all end in a big puddle of oil smoke and fire or a trip round a tree place inconveniently on a light bend and every time he drive is he'll look like a pillock

you don't have to beat him on the road he has already conceded defeat by buying a vauxhall !

Which can be rectified before it happens with £100 worth of injectors. Underspec'd fuelling for application, bit of a schoolboy error for such a big firm.

The turbo's were to do with a bad batch not a design error and the gearbox is a GM derrived gearbox IIRC.

what do you mean by underspec'd fueling for application? the original injectors are not 100% efficient as they should be? what would you suggest be a suitable replacement then?

Take the wheels off his car when he goes to bed :D

On a more serious note - Be more mature and let him be a smug little get, racing everyone everywhere thinking he and his car are invisible, when he has no licence you'll be laughing cause you'll still have yours.

What's more important, your licence or bragging you that can beat him?

Keep your feet on the ground, respect your licence, your car, and others.

(y)

First you need to sort the beathing of the car out. A full induction kit, new exhaust and a desent FMIC. Then aq new turbo with desent manifold and downpipe, The last thing should be a remap. People seem to this mods make a big diffrence but they dont with a desent remap to account the mods.

Also if you were to do all of they above i would highly recommend paying attention to the breaks and suspention, no point having all the power in the worlds if you cant put it down or stop.

I have a abarth punto evo (so has the bigger garret turbo) and the only mod is a tmc box and that was running 6.6 seconds 0-60 on strip with startline slippy and a hot day. Also i have played with not only corsa vxrs and civic typre r and had them but also focus st225s with is close

Last edited:
Back