Styling How much to spend

Currently reading:
Styling How much to spend

Hey guys,
I am fully in love withmy cento sporting!
ive started moding it (slowly lol ) nothing major yet.i was just wondering how much some of the people about have spent moding there some of the centos and seis on here look sweeet but impretti sure it didnt come cheap.

so

How much have you spent?
How much is the cheapest you think it could be done to a good standard for ?

before anyone says i know if its cheap its proberly gunna be **** and if i had the money to spend i would :D

cheers
jacob

depends on your skills mate, i have spent upwards of 3K on some of my cars (not cinq's) but my favorite car (so far) was an orion i got for 150 notes, spent very little on it but it looked the nuts. now i got yoda my 899 cento. cost me £200 and got a newer one for £190 and im in the process of swapping bits over (indicators, clocks that sort of thing). its true alot of the time you see motors people have spent very little on and they look pants, but if done properly you can have a nice looking car without spending a fortune. just involves more work lol. what are you thinking of doing? major mods can be costly. but usually worth it.

Cawsand cornwall :D
i know camelford well loads of me mates from around there

um im thinking bout new bumber to give it a bit more shape along with a spoiler

just want it to look like something been done to it if you get wat i mean !

any recomanadations on thing that look sweet and are pretti simply to do ?

well you can start by adding a front splitter and cutting out the bottom grill. always seems to improve the look. if you are good with a bit of modding you could try fitting seicento bumpers. be careful with bonnet vents as some look great, others dont lol. personally i want to try to make mine look a bit different as there are not much in the way of bodykits available and they cost a fortune. as i know what the roads are like down there i would say if you going to lower it, only go 40mm as 60mm drop on them lanes will be a nightmare.

im thinking about playing with my back lights as well, might paint them to match the car and sink some sexy round lights in them. maybe evan a bad boy bonnet.

there's plenty of options mate, just depends what you can do.

i actually lived in st teath. went to school in camelford. great place. is that wicked little pasty shop still there (halfway up the hill)

i havent done as much as people out here but i just go by rough prices in my head

alot is covered in the guides and FAQ's which you should check out

best money spent is on a service checking its all upto scratch engine and body wise

oil
oil filter
air filter
spark plugs
HT leads
gearbox oil quality and level
disk/drum + pad/shoes you can get alot of drag off the brakes

its all dependent on what you want and who you know really, want a 16v? can cost you £200 upto £1500 depending on how much work you put into the car and engine beforehand

1242 8v could have a completely done out engine for upto £500

but with more power the brakes and suspension must be upgraded to stop and handle much better then jelly

body kit wise abarth bits only look nice but there getting rarer so expect to pay though the nose for OEM bits

you could look in the classified to see what's there or stick a wanted up, there are a few items up at the moment

Ash

alot :(... altho I feel I would get quite a lot back if I ever sell (which will be in bits)
mainly because I do all my own work so never paid labour on anything.

Its scary to think that some of us have stuff like ATB diff and aftermarket ecus that each alone cost twice the market value of the car its installed in...

i havent done as much as people out here but i just go by rough prices in my head

alot is covered in the guides and FAQ's which you should check out

best money spent is on a service checking its all upto scratch engine and body wise

oil
oil filter
air filter
spark plugs
HT leads
gearbox oil quality and level
disk/drum + pad/shoes you can get alot of drag off the brakes

its all dependent on what you want and who you know really, want a 16v? can cost you £200 upto £1500 depending on how much work you put into the car and engine beforehand

1242 8v could have a completely done out engine for upto £500

but with more power the brakes and suspension must be upgraded to stop and handle much better then jelly

body kit wise abarth bits only look nice but there getting rarer so expect to pay though the nose for OEM bits

you could look in the classified to see what's there or stick a wanted up, there are a few items up at the moment

Ash

I'd also budget for replacing - in 1st year

high tension coils
TDC sensor
thermostat
cam cover gasket
alternator
starter
wiper motors
washer motors
clutch kit
clutch cable
metal elastic bush set
ball joint boots
water pump (twice)
rad
rear brake mechanical actuators
and I'm not sure about my gear box.

My sporting is on normal height and I have troubles with sleeping policemen, and other town road furniture. A lower suspension brace would be impossible.

Noel

the only thing ive changed int hat above list in 11 years of onership are.

thermostat
cam cover gasket + HG
alternator
clutch

so it not all doom and gloom.

Back