How Many Miles For £10..?

Currently reading:
How Many Miles For £10..?

D

DD5

I'm always interested in how many miles I can get out of a car for £10. Obviously it's not an exact science (fuel prices change, etc.) but it's a fairly representative indicator of running costs, and it's a good sign of when you need to fill up again (fuel guages aren't always that accurate).

I tested fuel light to fuel light in my HGT and it was 50 miles. :| I'm hoping this will improve with a service, haha. Ideally I'd test from empty to empty (with a petrol can in the boot). My old 1.6 was more like 65-70 miles I think. My motorbike is 150 miles. :O

Any other input? I heard HGT fuel costs were high, but... That's why it's my weekend car I guess. :D

I think I got 12-15mpg once in my 20vt bravo round gaydon test track.

would do 25-30mpg on a run backwind downhill - so that's around 50miles too.

My JTD would do over 100miles to £10 tho without really being careful

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

i get around 60 to a tenner around town on average.i only eva put £20 in but i only manage about 100ish on £20.strange.on a run can get about 140miles 2 £20. Mine is a mk 1 hgt wiv induction kit no other mods. I really wanna test mine to empty. I should carry a can of petrol in boot.

£20 usually gets me 150 around town miles with the ever increasing oil price.

On a motorway journey it's closer to 170 if sat at cruising speeds (80mph'ish').

I only use V power.

It's a 1.9JTDm Alfa GT though lol.

My average day-to-day consumption is around 65 miles per ten nicker. Not too bad for a 150 bhp 1.4 turbo with a heavy-ish right foot.

Mark.
New Bravo 1.4 T-Jet Active 150, silver, 57 plate.
Council estate lad.
And proud of it!
A battle of wits with the unarmed is no fun!

15398a.jpg

Member of the Guild of Experienced Motorists. Lapsed.

how many miles for a tenner

my 1.4 does about 22ish mpg my suzuki rf900r does 35mpg i think my my bravo is sick

your bravo isn't sick mate, its just a 1.4... i had the same problem when i had one, get more out of my 1.8 hlx now!

Kris

£17.50 @ 105.9p = 150miles so far got a jerry can in the boot running it dry to see how long/far i can go....

damm i wish i got that lol

with all my new mods i only get about 25 miles to a tenner lol

eggsig.png

£17.50 @ 105.9p = 150miles so far got a jerry can in the boot running it dry to see how long/far i can go that was on the 13th dec.

Dont mean to drag an old post up but was just wondering what ppl are getting.If you think about it,prices now for fuel are £109.9p its gone up 4 even 5p in some places in 4 weeks :0
robbin b*****ds lol
remember when i passed my test at 17 prices were 55p for unleaded then shot upto 75P,120 mile to a tenner lol

I was going past a motorway service station today and it was £1.20.9, glad I put some in at tesco at a bargin price of £ 1.11

Stephen d

I was going past a motorway service station today and it was £1.20.9, glad I put some in at tesco at a bargin price of £ 1.11

Stephen d

i was spkin to a bloke at a garage near work and he said prices wil be goin up to around 125.9 per litre later in the year.. What a joke. Wen i 1st passed my test it was 65.9. So in 11 years its nearly doubled in price! In my 1st car c reg 1.3 astra £20 use to fill it up and use to last me ages.lol