General How many miles can a Panda do?

Currently reading:
General How many miles can a Panda do?

hollis

Hi

Seen a couple of high mileage Pandas 80,000 and 125,000 of a 5 plates just wondered if at this mileage they would best be left alone.

Derek

Seen a couple of high mileage Pandas 80,000 and 125,000 of a 5 plates just wondered if at this mileage they would best be left alone.

If they're the 1.2 (8v) engine, they're pretty robust, if well looked after. There are certainly Puntos with that engine that have gone well beyond this sort of mileage.... However, I'd be more 'relaxed' about the 80k one, than the 125k one... -- for obvious reasons! I'd also want to know that each had been fully serviced; and how many owners it had.... (Sorry: don't know much about the other engines: for reasons made obvious by my siggy, below....)

I've just done a quick price check on the iPad Car Value app: and (for example), a 1.2 05 Eleganza comes out at £1,800, with 80k miles; and £1,500, with £125k miles... -- these are both for one in "good condition". (The £300 difference seems a bit low for a 50% increase in mileage, to me, though....)

Hope this helps. Good luck...! (y)

Is this worth going for do you think?

Seems a tad pricey, to me... -- especially with the tax and MOT about to expire.... And, if I were selling it, I'd have had that foglight repaired, and cleaned the seats.... Something doesn't quite feel right; but I'm quite paranoid when it comes to buying cars.... :eek:

Seems a tad pricey, to me... -- especially with the tax and MOT about to expire.... And, if I were selling it, I'd have had that foglight repaired, and cleaned the seats.... Something doesn't quite feel right; but I'm quite paranoid when it comes to buying cars.... :eek:

It's a 4x4, very well priced for the points you've listed imo.

Hi

Yes I thought he might just be a very bad salesman. I would have had it MOT

and done the light plus seat clean and certainly have taken better photos. You can list 12 photos on Ebay at no extra charge so why only put 4 on I wonder unless you are a bit lazy.

He has told me the cam belt was changed at 60,000 miles and it was last service at the MOT time last December and the car has done 5,000 miles since that service.

Any tips out there on what I should check when and if buying please?

Derek

Looks reasonably priced to me. The seats should clean up, the fog light is an easy replacement and 80K miles is nothing.

I don't see why a wee car like that couldn't see another 10 years of use.

Hi all

Rather than start a new thread, I decided just to update this one. The purpose being that my little Panda will have done 100,000 miles by the time this is read. I only bought it will 87,000 on the clock so can't claim the fame for that part of Mtambo's life, but am quite proud of the wee car. As this post demonstrates 100K is nothing for a car well looked after (indeed I drove the ex-wife's Arosa to 155K and that was only a 1.0 MPI) but funny how us human's get attached to our silly little cars. I will try to take a picture and post it but need to borrow a friend's camera.

All hail the Fiat 1242 8v Panda :worship:

Back