General How easy is it to change a throttle body

Currently reading:
General How easy is it to change a throttle body

coop67

hi all. does anyone know how easy it is to change a throttle body (i think thats what its called)? also will i need to set anything back up, as there are a few things attached to it like the idle sensor ect. or will the ecu set it all back up for me. i am having to change it bcause there is a water blockage and my water isnt going through it . many thaks in advance

its a 1.8 16v on a S reg

also would also like to know if i have to compress my springs to change a shock absorber? or is it a unbolt and bolt back on....

Last edited:
Both front and rear spirings have to be controlled when you change a shocker, I have spring compressor but I think you could do the back ones with the car on axle stands using a trolley jack under the trailing arms.

Your right Bulldog, it was the bump stops I was changing when I took the springs off, waste of time as the replacements just sheared off where they go through the sub frame. This time I just glued them back in place mainly as acosmetic excercise but the seem to have stayed there.

its a 1.8 16v on a S reg

also would also like to know if i have to compress my springs to change a shock absorber? or is it a unbolt and bolt back on....

So both the model, and the ? about springs were on the original post, OK I got confused with another car when remembering spannering about underneath, but I never claimed to be perfect

ok do i need any new gaskets? i can see a green one on my car??

replacing the throttle body on the 1.8 is very easy, however you dont need to replace it, the only parts that could be faulty on it are the idle speed actuator or the throttle position sensor, both are easily replaced.

many idle problems can be fixed simply by cleaining insidfe the throttle body and the idle actuator's passage (contact cleaner works very well, £3 per can from maplins).

replacing the throttle body on the 1.8 is very easy, however you dont need to replace it, the only parts that could be faulty on it are the idle speed actuator or the throttle position sensor, both are easily replaced.

many idle problems can be fixed simply by cleaining insidfe the throttle body and the idle actuator's passage (contact cleaner works very well, £3 per can from maplins).
hi jug
my problem is i have a blockage in the water that runs through the bottom of it.

Back