Technical How does this come out

Currently reading:
Technical How does this come out

Punt9

This is an 18mm bold at the to on the gearbox on an 06 1.9 jtdm. As you'll see there's only just over an inch of space because of the selector. Yes the torx bolts are loosened but it won't come out.

Attachments

• 20210318_173837.jpg
    20210318_173837.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 45
This is an 18mm bold at the to on the gearbox on an 06 1.9 jtdm. As you'll see there's only just over an inch of space because of the selector. Yes the torx bolts are loosened but it won't come out.

Hard to see exactly what it is but typically you have to undo all fastenrs as far as they will go, separated the parts as much as possible, Undo more, rinse/ repeat.
Some parts will not separate unless others are removed first or may require the whole assembly removed from the car first.

Robert G8RPI.

I do know how to loosen and remove bolts ect i just can't get to it, It's at the top of the box right behind the selector

Last edited:
According to eLearn there is nothing special about the bolts. They do say you have to remove the engne and gearbox before splitting them.
It may be you just have to use the right combination of socket length and slim handle or maybe a square to hex adaptor and ring spanner to crack it and then a universal joint or flexi to undo it.

Robert G8RPI.

I certainly won't be skiing that ie taking both out. I managed to get it, just, it's the selector that's the problem, there's 2 torx bolts that make you think once they're out it lifts out, nope.

I'm just not good at lying down ect.

Back