Technical Hot engine start problem

Currently reading:
Technical Hot engine start problem

Oh wait you mean positive wires that connect directly to the starter?

It may be that, but the car had the same problem when it had 60k kilometers(when I bought it, maybe it had the problem even when it had less km).. now it does it more often tho, and sometimes doesn't start which haven't happened before..

Last edited:
On the starter there is a connection for a wire that triggers the starter to work.
Put an extra wire on there and when it doesn't want to work touch your new wire to battery +ve . If that causes it to work right then you have problem with trigger circuit.

If extra trigger wire does help then replace both big wires that go from battery to starter.

Last edited:
It may be that, but the car had the same problem when it had 60k kilometers(when I bought it, maybe it had the problem even when it had less km).. now it does it more often tho, and sometimes doesn't start which haven't happened before..
Problems with these wires on fiat very common.
The fact that the problem has been there a long time and has become worse is typical of these wires .

On the starter there is a connection for a wire that triggers the starter to work.
Put an extra wire on there and when it doesn't want to work touch your new wire to battery +ve . If that causes it to work right then you have problem with trigger circuit.

As I said earlier, I used a jump starter and I connected the cable directly to the starter, not through the battery, i got under the car(where the starter is). But when I took off the starter to test it, it spun so the starter is not a problem(i tried with two, I had them checked to a electrician)

As I said earlier, I used a jump starter and I connected the cable directly to the starter, not through the battery, i got under the car(where the starter is). But when I took off the starter to test it, it spun so the starter is not a problem(i tried with two, I had them checked to a electrician)
That does not test the circuit that causes starter to operate, fit an extra trigger wire , try it and report back.

Do the voltage checks , report back.

A jump starter contains a very small battery and is only to help the battery that is on car so is useless for what you tried.

You have faulty cranck sensor. This is how the faulty cranck sensor manifests - it does not work when it is hot. You can test it (and the cam sensor as well, it could be at fault also, but I think the crank sensor is faulty at yours) there are videos on youtube how to do it.

Last edited:
Back