Doblo Hoping to buy a Doblo car

Currently reading:
Doblo Hoping to buy a Doblo car

I am considering buying a 2015 Doblo mpv 1.6 diesel multijet with 100,000 miles on the clock.

Are these engines ok after this sort of mileage?

Any advice on what to check before a purchase?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

I am considering buying a 2015 Doblo mpv 1.6 diesel multijet with 100,000 miles on the clock.

They’re a pretty hardy engine but like any car it does depend on how well it’s been looked after.

I had the same engine in a Punto sporting more powerful than the doblo with a different tune, had 175k miles on the clock before I hit a dear with it and did a deal with the insurance co to right it off, as they were happy to repair it but I wanted rid

I have a 2010 1.6 Doblo Maxi van with around 120K miles.
Same as many vehicles, get proof of recent cam belt change or price it in, try and get a chance to start it from cold (no excessive smoke or noises) and before that check the oil and water for any contamination etc. give it a decent road test and check engine warms up to correct temperature, gears all work correctly and brakes etc. no funny noises. When parking turn steering lock to lock and listen for any grinding noises from top suspension mounts.
When stopped open bonnet and listen to engine for any thing odd noises etc. Switch off and check for any leaks. Check all windows and door work, no cracked windscreens, two sets of keys that both work locking and starting. long Mot or new one if a garage, if possible check Gov.Mot history for any thing suspicious. Check for any paintwork or body damage plus any signs of rust underneath. Make sure it has a spare wheel and the rest of the tyres are in good condition. No warning lights on dashboard.
inspect log book V5c for how long previous owner espcially if he claims not to be a trader and it is not his name and address in V5c
Much the same you need to do when buying any vehicle, ideally take a knowledgeable friend or even an unknowledgeable friend as hardy for dodgy seller to bu**sh*t two people.;)
Finally if in doubt be prepared to walk away, remember for most people buying a car is the second most expensive purchase they are ever likely to make after their house.

Thanks alot. I've checked mot history, nothing odd there. Has 11 months mot and cambelt replacement 3 weeks ago, with invoice apparently. Going to look at it on Saturday also inspect vehicle paperwork and documents. Always a job to know with used vehicles, but like you say, carry out all the checks may reduce risk of buying a dud.

Back