Styling Homemade MDF shelf for my sei

Currently reading:
Styling Homemade MDF shelf for my sei

Digimods

Established member
Heres the result of almost 4 hours work (ouch my back hurts!)

My MDF rear parcel shelf.. made for 6x9s.

Ignore the long strip of wood, it is holding the angled wood up whilst the epoxy dries. Gonna work on the supports tommorrow. let it all dry, and then fill it with fiberglass filler. base coat of pait and...

Do I
a ) Carpet it blue
b ) Spray it flat shiney blue

post-2-1052509063.jpg

post-2-1052509121.jpg

post-2-1052509217.jpg

banner.jpg

looks good mate

i keep meaning to set aside a weekend to make an mdf shelf.
think my 6x9s are weighing the orginal down a bit.nasty rattle coming from somewhere there.

I would say carpet it blue myself.

keep us posted
that a black sei btw? bout time sum1 joined the best colour in the world club :D
joe turner

Seicento Sporting 2000 X
Black
Black Front and Side Indicaters
JBL ICE + Pioneer DCEH8400 HeadUnit 6x9 in parcel shelf,16.5cm in rear arm rests, 10cm in front)
Abarth badges all round from abarthbadges.co.uk

Yea, black sei... Though it isnt black at then moment as its covered in MDF dust!!

Blue carpet is the best suggestion i think. How do I stick the carpet on? Do I use that Photo Mounting spray?

banner.jpg

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">that a black sei btw? bout time sum1 joined the best colour in the world club <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

More like the 'Right pain in the arse to keep clean club'

"The Not so Fast but Furious"
I Love J-Lo!

Heres with them fully built up.. and a test spray. before filler.
post-10-78111-3.jpg

Another before filler
post-10-78231-2.jpg

First stage of fillering. Second is dryin at the moment!
post-10-78347-1.jpg

banner.jpg

Very nice m8 i wud make something like that if i cud be arsed :p Yes black is a fine colour but its such an arse to clean my car is looking so dirty atm bcos of last weeks showers [:(!] ahhwell i will clean it someday honest

FIAT CinqueCento = Recycled Ferrari :D

yeah the next time i should wait till the red X's appear b4 posting - i didnn't even notice them [:0]

SEI POWER
(or lack thereof)

Just noticed, if you squint a bit at the pattern on the seat fabric, it looks a bit like meat & 2 veg!!

BTW, shelf looks good!

Pete.
Cinq sporting 1242cc
http://mysite.freeserve.com/close_to_cracking_up/
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Cinqs_and_Seis/
http://www.clubcento.co.uk/

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Just noticed, if you squint a bit at the pattern on the seat fabric, it looks a bit like meat & 2 veg<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ha ha hes got a load of knobs on his seats! :D

"The Not so Fast but Furious"

seat comments aside (it does clearly have dicks all over it) the shelf is really sweet - i'm almost inspired to go create one myself.

what i would do if i had the time (and limitless funds)

SEI POWER
(or lack thereof)

Well, it didn't cost too much.

£23 for carpet
£5 for MDF
£3 for some real good spray adhesive stuff.

And about 3 weekends work.. aint too hard either.

banner.jpg

Back