Hmmm, seems we have been a little quiet Mr Puricelli. :-)

Currently reading:
Hmmm, seems we have been a little quiet Mr Puricelli. :-)

O

Ozric-Al

No comment on the Dancing Donkey's miserable performance at the weekend then chap? ROTFLMFAO!!!
How refreshing to see Jenson up there though. Honda must be kicking themselves. JB FTW!!! :)

ozric.jpg

"Doctor said to give up Keee-Babs. I said 'No, no-no'"
cheers.gif

My Members Page
OI! Road safety nutters!! George Orwell ment '1984' to be a warning, NOT a template!

Well, it's easy for you when you switch sides so easily! Last year it was Lewis, this year you're all for Button, who, let's not forget, is now under the guidance of the man who helped Ferrari become the dominant force that it is! ;)

Brawn have a good car and a good team. So long as the appeal goes their way and they can keep the diffuser, they'll be in the box seat until the others catch up.

But don't count your chickens, matey. Most of the teams start bad and then the quality (and investment) starts to kick in.

I think this season could shape up to be a bit exciting, which is all good for the sport.

Oh, and the BBC coverage was excellent too :)

Rob
Mk.2 Marea Weekend 1.8 16v 115 ELX - Bigger IS better ! ;)

I think you'll find I've always been supporting all of the British Drivers my old fruit and I would also point out that I never had any issue with Ross Brawn. It was that cheating Scummie and the Poison Pixie that were my issue. To be fair I never like to see Ferrari struggling but until they employ a British Driver I will always be against them and for another team that does.
It's about Nationality not any particular driver matey. Just helps that both Brawn and McClaren are British teams as well but it's mainly about the driver. Was a Williams boy when they had Mansell and then Hill and Coulthard, McClaren last year with Lewis and now Brawn and McClaren this year.
Would be nice to see Reubens have a great season too but for me Button as Champ with Lewis running up would be ideal and that's only because I think it's about time Buttons loyalty was repaid.

ozric.jpg

cheers.gif

My Members Page
OI! Road safety nutters!! George Orwell ment '1984' to be a warning, NOT a template!

Child. ;)

ozric.jpg

cheers.gif

My Members Page

I think Al's unbelieveable hatred of the greatest driver ever is masking a latent sub-conscious sexual desire for the Teutonic God ;)

But seriously, I do find this "hatred" of Ferrari (or whatever team it may be) a tad OTT. I mean, it's only a sport FFS! Every team has it's good and bad points. Every driver has their good and bad points. They've all done questionable things in the quest to win. It's human nature. However, I feel that if Schumacher was any other nationality other than German, he might not come in for so much of the grief he gets from Brits, which is a tad sad.

Surely we can just site back, root for our favourite and enjoy the sport?

Rob

Well I don't wanna add fuel to the fire but Lewis did come 3rd... beating the donkeys with a rubbish car!!

But Button was amazing.... and I love the F1 music... takes me back to a time Mansell & Sena where on it hammer & tongs!

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

C'mon Rob, I've already explained that it's not a hatred of Ferrari itself with me just some of the previous protagonists. Besides, they are the Man Utd of F1. ;)

ozric.jpg

cheers.gif

My Members Page

Rob, i think the main thing is that yes, while i will acknowledge that shoemaker won 7 titles, it was often at the cost of others in some way or another (be it competitors, or his team mates being told to back off)

I will happily agree that he was a good driver, putting in a stint of exceptional fast laps when needed, good at overtaking etc, yet when things did not go his way, he had other means of wining!

The Aus GP was superb, I had a lump in my throat hearing the chain again. racing was good, and it was nice to see Button win, but i wonder how long it will take the other teams to catch up? I know Hinda worked on the new car for nearly 2 years, but McMerc and Rari have some rather handy resources at their hands, and rumor has it McMerc will have a new diffuser this weekend, and revert to the old one if needs be. I love the fact that we now have 2 competitive brits in the pack, and that alot of the young guns are starting to shine (Glock is doing very well IMO, and it would be good to see Rosberg and Kubi continue to improve, and Buemi was a nice supprise to say the least)

heres to a better season again after last years improvement!

Andy_sx

"It's about Nationality not any particular driver matey."

You wanna watch A1GP then chap ;)

John

John, if only the racing was better with the A1 i would watch it more. Having watched it on the box and at Brands, I am still a little disapointed with the series personally.

Andy_sx

@ Wimmy - Good point, well made. Nuff said! ;)

Rob

I know what you mean Andy but it has been a bit better this year with the new cars. The new track at Portugal should be good too :) We're hoping for at least a podium, providing we don't get hit with yet MORE bad luck. Did you catch the last round?

John

Not me. If McClaren deliberately lied then that's cheating and they've got what they deserve IMHO. Little bit of Hamiltons idol (One Ayrton Senna) coming out in him possibly? I will certainly take a dim view of him if that's the case.

ozric.jpg

cheers.gif

My Members Page

Lewis Hamilton snapped at the stewards enquiry yesterday....

pinocchio.jpg

Rob

Lol!
Yep, that's a fair cop about this disgraceful showing by McClaren. I guess the only saving grace is that he has apologised without reservation, something that great champions will always do. A fine example of a decision that he's taken on his own without any recent champons behaviour to guide him. ;)

ozric.jpg

cheers.gif

My Members Page