General High mileage GP

Currently reading:
General High mileage GP

Done 8000kms(5000 miles) in 2months. I clock up 1000kms(620miles) per week just commuting to work and back. So I expect to do 50000kms(31000 miles) plus per year.. No probs yet(y)

I know this is an incredibly old thread that no-ones probably looking at anymore but may as well post in it than start a new one! :p

My 57 plate Grande has 66000 miles on it and so far it is running absolutely fine!

No major issues except a minor niggle hear and there, mostly an odd creaking sound coming from the rear door when driving over uneven roads

Last edited:
High mileage? Lol.

I did 21k in 11 months in my last car before it's gearbox broke. Hopefully I can keep the miles down on this one, working a fair bit away doesn't help but fingers crossed applied for a job locally.

35,000 miles, registered in 04/2007. I've done 11,000 of those, and had it 11 months. :(

Bought mine at end of January on 12k. Now its just about touching 38k.

2500ish miles a month. Been mapped for over 15k of them and its never missed a beat, done 2 track days and had plenty of abuse. :cool:

In my personal opinion, high mileage, well used cars for me are more desirable than low mileage, barely used cars due to higher milers being given the chance for the oil to warm up each time

71,000 miles - bought new 24/11/2007. Had the water pump replaced under warranty last year, had to clean and lube the heater fan twice and the front discs/pads just replaced for the first time.

I've had my 1.3 Diesel since June 2007 and have now done 218,000 kms or

135,458 miles. Car is running fine :), just had to replace front and rear brakes and also the front shock absorbers which were leaking..

I've had my 1.3 Diesel since June 2007 and have now done 218,000 kms or

135,458 miles. Car is running fine :), just had to replace front and rear brakes and also the front shock absorbers which were leaking..

A bit late responding but better late than never (y)

Great news! Hoping my 1.2 petrol can last that long! Although there are a couple of issues that need addressing currently. (n) Nothing too serious though

Bought June 07, my little 1.3 mud has now reached 196975! And still cheap motoring. On original exhaust and until recently, did 750 a week taking me to work and back. Garage keep asking me if they can have it as a courtesy car!

Reactions: lkc
Bought June 07, my little 1.3 mud has now reached 196975! And still cheap motoring. On original exhaust and until recently, did 750 a week taking me to work and back. Garage keep asking me if they can have it as a courtesy car!

Gives me hope :) my 1.3 is on 92000 and is having its M20 gearbox bearings replaced next week with the hope that it will carry on to beat that record! Out of interest is yours a 75hp or 90hp that has done that mileage?

Mine is a lowly 75, and other than blowing the turbo when I ran over deer having a kip in the road! Have only had to replace what I would call normal wear and tear items. 150 miles a day to work and back up here in the wilds of Scotland for its entire life and she still does 60+ to the gallon - if I'm careful!

Did a timing belt and water pump on a 09 1.4 8v a few weeks ago with 136,000 miles and it drove lovely it was a one owner car

Back