High Definition Audio Bus Driver fault

Currently reading:
High Definition Audio Bus Driver fault

DaveMcT

Distinguished member
I have an ASUS like this
ASUS P6-M4A3000E Pundit Barebone - Socket AM3 - PCI-E (x16) - SATA 3Gb/s: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

It went together fine with AMD processor, 4G Ram, 500G disk, etc, etc. I'm running XP SP3 as I prefer it to the later Windows (also got Ubuntu 10.10 on dual boot).

All the supplied motherboard drivers installed, but on every boot its throwing up a driver error related to the High Definition Audio Bus. I've narrowed it down to the HDMI but can I find a driver that actually works. I've tried no-end of drivers from the internet including the ASUS site and Microsoft but the error persists.

Long term I want to connect a TV, but until fixed it wont have HDMI sound.

Anyone else had this issue?

Last edited:
I have had this problem, and never fixed it. :(

Gave up in the end after literally months of searching, researching and trying various drivers from Microsoft, ATI and Realtek - none of which worked.

When doing a windows update, it would find the suspected driver to update, but would constantly fail to install without giving a reason why - tried looking in the event viewer, but couldn't find anything helpful relating to where to start looking.

I ended up telling Windows Update to never remind me to install it again, and disabled it in Device manager.

My sound card feeds my audio into an amp, so I'd never need to have audio over HDMI anyway.

Can you not just use a 3.5mm jack to jack cable, if there is a line-in on your tv?

Back