General HID fitting guide now on-line

Currently reading:
General HID fitting guide now on-line

OK all, as there seems to be a fair bit of interest in fitting the HID conversion to the b's I have posted a guide in the guide section of the forum here;

https://www.fiatforum.com/barchetta-guides/129848-barchetta-hid-fitting-guide.html

It's a bit Mickey Mouse but I think most people on here will be able to follow it successfully. As with the spring replacement guide take a look and let me know if any points need clarification or updating (y)

Excellent guide.... (y)

Will be ordering my set later this week when I get a day off and get to the bank, they don't trust people here to open a paypal account :(

so that's how you get access to the light bulbs.....

i'm still pretty sure that the HIDs are not legal and that you'll fail MOT

i wish someone could give a definitive answer on that one.

i'm still pretty sure that the HIDs are not legal and that you'll fail MOT

i wish someone could give a definitive answer on that one.

I checked with my local MOT centre and the chap there said that as long as the pattern is OK on the headlight machine then it will pass, as the light projection does not change the pattern will not change so there should be no issue.

The issue is not the bulb type its the projection of the light, certain cars (like my wife's Picasso) would simply blind anyone coming the other way as the lens does not have a diffuser and uses the pattern on the reflector to project the light onto the road, as the b is fitted with projector lights that omit light via a diffuser its not an issue! (y)

Good thing is with the way the kit is fitted if it does fail you simply unplug the HID system, put the old stock bulb in to pass the test and then plug the HID system back in once you have your MOT cert!! :devil:

Last edited:
Back