Styling Hid Conversion kits

Currently reading:
Styling Hid Conversion kits

it is worth it mate there ten times better (y)
there not hard to fit mate there is a guide on here mate
cheers
adam

Go for 5000K bulbs and they wont look so much like HID and will be 3x brighter for 50% power (current) demand.

If you get 5000-6000k, they may still be illegal but you will never get stopped for having them so you can't really go wrong, especially if you disconnect them for the MOT.

However, if you go for a cheap kit (like I did) then consider how willing you are to have to worry about all those extra non-standard electrical components breaking down!

Also consider whether you want the extra voltage being carried by the existing wiring, because if not, you will need to fit a relay (like I did) which is one more thing to break down.

Read the other threads and make your own decision.

thanks for that information! I just thought about just a straigh plug in a away we go,

I was after maybe going for 8000k :cool: guess illegal?

what do bmws and mercs have?

HIDs have a different bulb geometry to Halogens so need light fittings to suit. Simply swapping bulbs often causes them to dazzle oncoming traffic and they are not getting the full benefit in useful light on the road surface. In some lamps so much HID light gets scattered they can be less useful than the old halogens.

The *000K is the light colour. Higher numbers are more blue. They all put out the same light intensity, so 6000K (or better IMHO 5000K) is no less effective to drive behind. They just dont shout "Pull me I've (probably) got illegal HIDs on my old car". Well, not so much anyway.

Last edited:
Back