Ducato HI Guys my name is Bubble23 Thank you for letting join I Live in Ireland , and i have a 1999 Hymer Fiat Ducato 2.8. jtd.

Currently reading:
Ducato HI Guys my name is Bubble23 Thank you for letting join I Live in Ireland , and i have a 1999 Hymer Fiat Ducato 2.8. jtd.

Hi Bubble23,

Welcome to the forum. I hope that you will at least post the outcome of any problems that you may seek help with.

I am sorry to have to inform you that the 2.8jtd with electronic engine management was only introduced by Fiat in 2000. Probably 2001 before the 2.8jtd was incorporated in a Hymer. What you probably have is a 1999 2.8 idTD with mechanical control of the injection.

Hi Bubble23 ,

I'm afraid i have to concur with Communicator . The IDTD engine is fairly easy to identify , as the injectors are mounted directly into the cylinder head . The injector pump is mounted to the offside of the engine , almost directly above the oil filter . You're also find 4 small diameter pipes running between the two components .
The JTD injectors are mounted in a pipe that runs along the front of , and parallel to , the cylinder head . I don't believe it has an injector pump , so you won't see any fuel pipes running down the front of the engine .

Hi Bubble23 ,

I'm afraid i have to concur with Communicator . The IDTD engine is fairly easy to identify , as the injectors are mounted directly into the cylinder head . The injector pump is mounted to the offside of the engine , almost directly above the oil filter . You're also find 4 small diameter pipes running between the two components .
The JTD injectors are mounted in a pipe that runs along the front of , and parallel to , the cylinder head . I don't believe it has an injector pump , so you won't see any fuel pipes running down the front of the engine .
I think that @airwave is more familiar with the 2.8idTD engine type 8140.43. On the 2.8jtd, 8140.43s the injectors are mounted, as could be expected, into the cylinder head. The injectors however receive their supply of fuel via 4 short pipes from the fuel gallery or common rail, which is mounted along the front of the cylinder head, as @airwave describes. The high pressure fuel pump is mounted in a similar/same location to the pump but connects to the fuel gallery via a single pipe.

The attached picture shows a 2.8jtd engine, but with the intercooler pipes removed. The injector cables can be seen running across the centre of the picture, secured by a clamp and then turning down wards towards the ECU on the vehicle LH inner wing panel..

Photo supplied by forum member. IceVovo

Attachments

• Ducato 2.8 JTD Engine.jpg
    Ducato 2.8 JTD Engine.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 37
I think that @airwave is more familiar with the 2.8idTD engine type 8140.43. On the 2.8jtd, 8140.43s the injectors are mounted, as could be expected, into the cylinder head. The injectors however receive their supply of fuel via 4 short pipes from the fuel gallery or common rail, which is mounted along the front of the cylinder head, as @airwave describes. The high pressure fuel pump is mounted in a similar/same location to the pump but connects to the fuel gallery via a single pipe.

The attached picture shows a 2.8jtd engine, but with the intercooler pipes removed. The injector cables can be seen running across the centre of the picture, secured by a clamp and then turning down wards towards the ECU on the vehicle LH inner wing panel..

Photo supplied by forum member. IceVovo
You're quite correct in that assumption , my friend , i have an idtd , year 2000 . I've only ever seen photos of a JTD , but even so the picture posted , is vastly different to those , as it appears more complete . Thanks for that Communicator .

Back