General Hi everyone! I'm a newby here and from South Africa.

Currently reading:
General Hi everyone! I'm a newby here and from South Africa.

Toppy

Goodday everyone,
Just joined your site after searching the net for info on brakemaster repairs to a X1/9. Have not had enough time to surf the site but will certainly do so in the next few weeks.
I am from South Africa and aquired a very nice and original Bertone 1.5, X1/9 2years ago with the intention of giving it to my daughter as a first car. The little car is such a beaut and draws attentiobn where ever I go. This has put my daughter off a bit as she said, " Daddy, I dont want that little car, the guys is gonna pester me every time I stop at the shopping mall" Needles to say I got her another car and decided to keep it for myself.
I would like to post some pics later when time allows for taking some quality pics. I hope to get a lot of help from all you X1/9-nuts as I want to increase oomph a bit to really make this like a baby Ferrari worth looking at. This should be done without loosing the originality of it.
Hope to get a lot of support from you guys.
Till later,
Toppy

Hi Toppy

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the car,look forward to seeing some pics soon

Hello Toppy,

Presume the Toppy is as in Old Toppy........... (heh, heh, heh) Were in South Africa you based?

My relationship with the X1/9 sound similar to yours, except my daughter drives her's all over Durban. And, yes, she is getting all the stares and comments from all. (Being a blond in a yellow sports car) Since she got it, a fair amount of her and my money was spent on it. But boy, what a nice car. When ever I get the change, and she forgot to hid the car key's, I will take it for a spin.

Regards,

Gerhard.

:cry: Why can't I get girls my age (early 20's) to like my X1/9? It sounds like I need to make the move to South Africa :chin:

All joking aside, welcome to the forum Toppy :) Just speak up if there is anything that we can do to help your owning experience go as smoothly as possible.

Back