Technical Hi! Doblo cold start problems

Currently reading:
Technical Hi! Doblo cold start problems

Hi all suffering cold start up issue. 1.6 multijet and ducato. Finally solved. I have carried out many electrical tests obd diagnostics fuel pipe checking etc. Nothing found. After a conversation with an old guy at the MOT station. Problem solved. The one test to carry out is injector leak off. Or have them overhauled or fit s/e or new. Less messing about because you will find more than one will have excessive leak by and you'll end up needing to replace or repair all 4 anyway. Hope that makes sense and solves your problem.

Hi all suffering cold start up issue. 1.6 multijet and ducato. Finally solved. I have carried out many electrical tests obd diagnostics fuel pipe checking etc. Nothing found. After a conversation with an old guy at the MOT station. Problem solved. The one test to carry out is injector leak off. Or have them overhauled or fit s/e or new. Less messing about because you will find more than one will have excessive leak by and you'll end up needing to replace or repair all 4 anyway. Hope that makes sense and solves your problem.
Was yours higher mileage? The OP's was only 42K miles I think.
Leak off test is a good simple check for injectors, but unlucky if vehicle is under 100k+ miles I would have thought.:)

Got 3 doblos on the fleet. This one with starting fault high miles. But I'd say never say never. 1.3 been using oil since new. Had new turbo and dpf. Dealer now say 1ltr per 1200 miles fine. I Clean out dpf once a month.sure this is a build problem. Not long before I part ex it. Newest to the fleet 1.6 keeps having eml on. Had oxygen sensors map maf dpf & cat clean. Fuel consumption terrible. Sure its injectors as well probably cheap fuel before i took ownership. The ducato 11700m has had 3 sets of injectors 2 under warranty before 70000. Fault non start. Apparently cheap fuel wears them out really quickly. This winter started lumpy and no throttle response. As per mot man's advice s/e set fitted problem solved. My point never trust what you start with is right and buy quality fuel.

Got 3 doblos on the fleet. This one with starting fault high miles. But I'd say never say never. 1.3 been using oil since new. Had new turbo and dpf. Dealer now say 1ltr per 1200 miles fine. I Clean out dpf once a month.sure this is a build problem. Not long before I part ex it. Newest to the fleet 1.6 keeps having eml on. Had oxygen sensors map maf dpf & cat clean. Fuel consumption terrible. Sure its injectors as well probably cheap fuel before i took ownership. The ducato 11700m has had 3 sets of injectors 2 under warranty before 70000. Fault non start. Apparently cheap fuel wears them out really quickly. This winter started lumpy and no throttle response. As per mot man's advice s/e set fitted problem solved. My point never trust what you start with is right and buy quality fuel.
Daughter had a tired 06 1.3 Grande Punto multijet 100k + miles pre DPF oil level never fell, but I suspected it was being topped up by the injectors;), so I changed oil frequently as cheapest option and had read about "running away" diesels.
I had a new customer for a head gasket job on a Scudo that did just that, which was fun, turned out he had never changed the oil in 70k, serviced it himself??? Just topped up oil. Inlet manifold was full of oil which fed the engine with ignition off, I had to stall it quickly!!! The engine was so worn by his "servicing regime" that engine breather topped up the inlet manifold with oil which it then "ran away" with.
My 1.6 Doblo multijet, MAP error codes, black smoke etc. turned out to be a leaking gasket at the inlet manifold for the EGR cooler losing turbo pressure.
Modern common rail with extremely high pressure injection systems are really efficient but a lot less forgiving than the older systems given their fine tolerances.

Back