General hesitating?

Currently reading:
General hesitating?

mattyguk1

hi all, my daughters sei 1.1 sporting hesitates when pulling away? the power/revs drops when you try to pull off for a second then pick up again. so far ive changed fuel filter,plugs,leads and air filter but no change! could it be the pump? any suggestions appreciated....

thanks for reply, where exactly are the map tubes? and ill give them a clean and check

ive found a pipe coming from centre of engine over to passenger side with an inline filter/vaccum in marked carb one way distributor the other way? is this the correct pipe? well this pipe was cracked and split at wing end so i thought id found problem, renewed pipe and now i have another problem..... the car barely runs! im guessing sombody has adjusted something in the past to compensate the split pipe? any ideas?

cheers,is there a picture of a MAP sensor anywhere i could view?

cheers, out of interest why would the car run so much worse after i stop the leaky pipe?

thanks chaps, fingers on your diagram in guides which are the vaccum pipes to check are right way around?

will any of the three pin sei/cinq sensors be ok as part numbers on ebay listings dont match mine?

hi all, new MAP sensor fitted but no change! anymore advice would be great. to recap, the car was hesitating when pulling away ,checked pipes and found the MAP sensor pipe was holed so i renewed it which has made the car struggle to tick over. in fact it runs better with pipe disconnected! could a previous owner have adjusted something to make the car run better if they hadnt noticed the holed pipe maybe?

Back