Technical heres one for the techies "engine fault"

Currently reading:
Technical heres one for the techies "engine fault"

Never changed a stilo lamda sensor (not saying this is not the fault mind you) & only ever found fault with connections on them,I suspect error is getting thrown up due to fault elsewhere(coil/injector),best way to check coils is to scope them out.

Never changed a stilo lamda sensor (not saying this is not the fault mind you) & only ever found fault with connections on them,I suspect error is getting thrown up due to fault elsewhere(coil/injector),best way to check coils is to scope them out.

CORRECT, turns out it was the bloody coil causing the fault.. No: 4 to be precise. pain in the ass tho cause cost me £111 to get sorted, definately feel ripped off considering i can get the part for £40. :bang:

but at least i have her back running better than she did before. (y)

still find it bizarre how i could not notice the difference in engine note, :eek:

So it WAS a coil :bang: there goes a 5er :cry:... as Decks has just said this is a common problem the electrical items such as coils ..when at Idle there quite often seems that there isnt a problem and until they come under load the problem doesnt highlight ..in an instance like this nothing beats good old investigation work as the old time fitter did :) glad to see its sorted its self out for you ..and there is a lesson to learn from this ..and thats always carry some spare coils you never know when your going to need them :D

Back