General help

Currently reading:
General help

pcrmachine

Hello

Hope you can help me?
I brought a fiat Punto R reg 1998, last January from my local garage and at a week ago the head gasket went on it. I have taken it to my nearest fiat garage and they have told me I need a new head as it has been damaged, also the head cylinder has cracked. They have told me that even if they put the new head back on the blocker could also been damaged and they wont know that until the have put the new parts on. Not having too much money I am not sure what to do as I don't know anyone who could give me advice. I basically want to know how likely is that the blocker is damaged, say how many in 10 jobs is the blocker damaged??
I really hope you can help me as they are asking for £1000!!!
Miss I Brown.

firstly don't take it to a fiat garage, they don't know their arse from their elbow. they charge about £62/hr. take it to a local garage that you know is reliable. the chances of the block being damaged are slim, the head 'could' be warped or cracked. the head would need to be pressure tested to confirm this, and this would be done by an engineering firm. where abouts do you live, someone on here or the puntosports forum may be able to recommend a garage.

collage.jpg

HELLO
Thank you
I live in Wantage in Oxfordshire.
Also i have been offered a recondtioned engine for £1000 and still dont know what to do. Chance and have new Cylinder head put on and the blocker to be damaged and car not to work! or pay for recondtioned engine??
Thank you so much for your adive.

£1,000 is way to much for a recon engine Wayyyyyyy too much!!

Any good garage will let you know if there is a problem with the head when they remove it. Chances are it will be fine and you will just need a new gasket anyway. What model punto is it?

Steve Anderson
Punto 1.7D/Uno 1000 Fire

Back