help.....

Currently reading:
help.....

AndyW

I've fitted a new stereo in my car (punto). The head unit serves a max of 4x 50watt..... this is fine but i would like a louder sound!

I am not after TONNES of bass, just louder music!

I understand i'll need new door speakers - also maybe additional better speakers fitted in the parcel shelf. I'd rather not have a lot put in the boot, is only an amp needed to serve bigger speakers - would this work ok?

Any advice is welcome - any suggested setups!? :)

Thanks alot - not a mega budget, but we'll see with whats recommended!!!

Thanks guys

You don't say what model Punto you have, but the best (and cleanest) install IMO is to have a set of components up front, a sub and a 4 channel amp with the rear channels bridged (or a combination of amps that gives 3 channels of amplification overall). Then if the budget will allow it, a bit of sound deadening.

You don't say what model Punto you have, but the best (and cleanest) install IMO is to have a set of components up front, a sub and a 4 channel amp with the rear channels bridged (or a combination of amps that gives 3 channels of amplification overall). Then if the budget will allow it, a bit of sound deadening.

sorry..... its an active sport (52 plate) -any links to exactly what i'd need to buy? :)

Second hand all the way.

Like Chaos says - 4 channel amp, 2 way components up front, subwoofer in boot.

With the budget you have just snap up used JBL stuff from eBay.

could really do with some links so i can see whats what! Not really keen on anything massive in the boot - is it required - wouldn't an amp powering bigger speakers give me a bigger sound?

Every1 says online is best but ebay all the way. I bought my sub 2nd hand, 4channel amp new from halfords believe it or not and some speakers and wiring all for £100 and my system is bassy and clear. Just don't buy the 1st thing u see, shop around all ur local stores before u buy offline as clearance prices beat online prices(y)

A set of components up front amped and a sub in the boot using 2 bridged channels is the most used and best value for money set up. I'd go for that.

Every1 says online is best but ebay all the way. I bought my sub 2nd hand, 4channel amp new from halfords believe it or not and some speakers and wiring all for £100 and my system is bassy and clear. Just don't buy the 1st thing u see, shop around all ur local stores before u buy offline as clearance prices beat online prices(y)

A set of components up front amped and a sub in the boot using 2 bridged channels is the most used and best value for money set up. I'd go for that.

dont really want a sub in the boot :-/ would it work with amp and speakers but no sub?

dont really want a sub in the boot :-/ would it work with amp and speakers but no sub?

Not particularly well - it can be done well, but the front end needs plenty of power, the speaker mountings need to be absolutely solid (read bolted to the door) and needs to be heavily soundproofed.

Not particularly well - it can be done well, but the front end needs plenty of power, the speaker mountings need to be absolutely solid (read bolted to the door) and needs to be heavily soundproofed.

any suggested buys or links to examples!? :)

any idea of ball park figure + sample products?

Ball park? Dunno - it won't be cheap, that's for sure.

As for sample products; running subless is not something I know all that much about; no products spring to mind immediately. You would need some pretty comprehensive drivers, and possibly the best way would be a 3 way set - a decent 3 way set could cost as much as 500 quid new...

The doors would need the speaker baffles bolted to it, the door card would need modding,the doors would have to be perfectly sealed (which can be extremely difficult to do), and very heavily deadened (which could easily run into 3 figures on its own). The last thing you want is to do it and realise that the frequencies are 'missing'. TBH I would not recommend someone with limited/no experience in installing to undertake - you need to know what you're doing.

It would be a lot easier/quicker/cheaper to have a stand alone sub - you can make them easily removable, or if you can sacrifice a small amount of space, get a small sub which requires a small enclosure volume.

Back