Help with Samsung Galaxy S

Currently reading:
Help with Samsung Galaxy S

hey all, tried a tech forum but they were useless and i know how smart everyone is on here :D

i got the GF a cheap samsung galaxy S off a mate, worked fine for a week then it stopped making calls/texts, same with other SIM cards.

reset it to original setting etc and thats about it, i'm downloading a firmware upgrade program but i just thought with the phone being unlocked is there a chance it wouldn't be unlocked after the upgrade?

any help would be much appreciated after buying her it i'm gutted it already stopped working :mad:

ta folks!

When you say it making calls / texts - can you clarify? What happens when you try, what happens when someone sends something to it?

Why was it cheap, how cheap, how well do you know this mate? If it was cheap because of some insurance fraud / reported theft then the IMEI will be now blacklisted and it will never work on a UK network again.

(firmware upgrade won't alter the network lock on it)

And it's illegal to attempt to modify the IMEI on the phone, so I wouldn't go down that route either!

When you say it making calls / texts - can you clarify? What happens when you try, what happens when someone sends something to it?

Why was it cheap, how cheap, how well do you know this mate? If it was cheap because of some insurance fraud / reported theft then the IMEI will be now blacklisted and it will never work on a UK network again.

(firmware upgrade won't alter the network lock on it)

And it's illegal to attempt to modify the IMEI on the phone, so I wouldn't go down that route either!

cheers for the info mate, rang O2 and they've banned the IMEI in error, now all sorted. (y)

Back