Help with police interview

Currently reading:
Help with police interview

The vetting forms anything like the MOD one's? They're great fun to fill out :D (Are you, or any member of your family a member of any terrorist organisation?)

BZ on passing :D

Good luck, hope they don't find anything too bad in your past :rolleyes:(y)

Similar lol...asked some pretty stupid questions...that even if I was...why I would say I was?

Pissed me off a little, had a section about parents, at the top it said 'Relationship if not natural parent', so left it blank, as they where my natural parents, got it sent back saying I needed to fill it in.

Pissed me off a little, had a section about parents, at the top it said 'Relationship if not natural parent', so left it blank, as they where my natural parents, got it sent back saying I needed to fill it in.

What happens if your parents are un-natural? :chin: :p Silly Police forms ;)

Congratulations!!

Hope it all goes well for you :)

Bit of a setback...got a call today, and they've asked if I can start training in April instead of Jan...got to speak to my manager at work to see if I can get the time off, I really dont want to wait that long though, will be over a year since I applied before I finish my training :(.

Congratulations Kier and Polrus (y)

Hoping to become a police officer or special one day myself, when i can either get past the application process for regular officers or the PIRT test for the specials.

Two failed applications for regulars and just failed the PIRT test for the specials.

Hopefully things are about to change, as i am now taking part in a mentoring scheme, my mentor has over 30 years of policing experience, and now does training, so i'm quite lucky to be given such a good mentor.

I'll be looking towards April next year or any time after that, which is when i'll eligible to apply again.

Cheers Payney and good luck

Not an easy job to get into. 1000 plus applications for 20 recruits

Just have to keep trying as it will happen one day bud (y)

Feels like only yesterday I was asking for advice on my interview...and I could be starting training on Saturday!

Got to phone up tomorrow to see if I've passed my medical, my BMI was a little high, but the nurse said she cant see it being a problem, and its not the most reliable method.

Also dont know if I've passed vetting yet...some things I've heard about my dad could be a problem, asked for a form to fill in to tell them about this, and still not got it yet.

Porlus, have you heard anything else yet?

10 months 8 days after I applied I am now a Police Constable!

Day was amazing, family where came up, sisters, mum, step dad, half sister and her mum, and sisters boyfriend.

Was really nervous while I was waiting to go in, all lining up in the hall, then when I walked in the room they all went.

First duty is on Tuesday, can not wait!

Many congrats PC Kier :D

Now just remember to turn off the speed gun if you see a fiat when on traffic ;)

SC Kier for now :p. Hopefully in a few years time it will be PC.

haha...I'll keep that in mind :LOL:...got the chance to do some ANPR work in a few weeks.

Well done mate. Really pleased for you (y). Still waiting for my PCSO interview lol.

Congratulations. Really well done. Now, they won't be secconding you onto the MIT any time soon, but don't forget to get on any job you can that will give you as wide a range of experience as possible. Whether it's helping with the Rememberance Day parade with all the old soldiers or a Gay Pride parade; schools or old folks homes; Pubwatch or Baywatch. Get involved. I know Dorset isn't exactly overrun with International Airports, but Manchester Airport used to be the place where Police careers went to die - until Al Qaeda. Now every Sergeant, Inspector, Chief Inspector or Superintendant who fancies getting on wants to go there for 12 months or so.

Tick as many boxes as possible, you never know when they will come in handy.

So, next time I visit Poole for a couple of weeks I know who to speak to about parking in the town centre. Nudge, nudge; wink, wink.

Back