Help with police interview

Currently reading:
Help with police interview

Just got a letter though confirming that I passed, also got my pass marks for the PIRT...need 168 to pass...I got 173...so only just passed.

Got my fitness test on the 14th of November, then if I pass that, my medical on the 4th of December, and if I pass that, start training on the 9th of January.

Seems all real now lol

Just got a letter though confirming that I passed, also got my pass marks for the PIRT...need 168 to pass...I got 173...so only just passed.

Got my fitness test on the 14th of November, then if I pass that, my medical on the 4th of December, and if I pass that, start training on the 9th of January.

Seems all real now lol

Doesn't matter about the score as long as you pass (y)

fitness test is 5.5 on the bleep test iirc (easy) and then you have to get over 35 on the push and pull machine. I got into the 80s on mine so shouldn't be an issue, Unless your force is different.

How long is you training? specials is a few weeks iirc? Just make sure you know your public order offences and you'll be fine.

Doesn't matter about the score as long as you pass (y)

fitness test is 5.5 on the bleep test iirc (easy) and then you have to get over 35 on the push and pull machine. I got into the 80s on mine so shouldn't be an issue, Unless your force is different.

How long is you training? specials is a few weeks iirc? Just make sure you know your public order offences and you'll be fine.

5.4 on the bleep test, which looked pretty easy when I got to watch.

Push and Pull is 34kg/35kg get confused which is which, but cant see I'll have a problem with that at all.

Training is 13 weeks, every Sunday, with 3 Saturday and Sundays as well.

Had my assessment centre yesterday. What an intense day. Obviously not as intense as the PC assessment centre though.
Haven't a clue what the result is going to be. Thought that the written reports went ok. But the interviews and role plays could have been better I think. I have been going back over those in my head since I got back.
Left with the feeling the result isn't going to be a good one (n)

Had my assessment centre yesterday. What an intense day. Obviously not as intense as the PC assessment centre though.
Haven't a clue what the result is going to be. Thought that the written reports went ok. But the interviews and role plays could have been better I think. I have been going back over those in my head since I got back.
Left with the feeling the result isn't going to be a good one (n)

Good luck :)

I wasn't feeling to confident about it, but passed, so sure you'll be fine :)

I didn't have to do any role play...thank god lol.

Do you get paid to do the training :confused:

Nope, all free, although we get expenses I believe (No...not someone to clean a moat :LOL:)...mileage and meals if you work X hours a shift.

Nice one Kier. Don't stop at the Specials though, at your age you need to think about a career. Er.....I think I just sounded like your Dad. Get in there son and get on any course you can. The sooner you get in, the quicker you'll make Sergeant, then Inspector, followed by Chief Inspector and it won't be that long before you'll be Superintendant Kier.

Our Super is only 40!

Nice one Kier. Don't stop at the Specials though, at your age you need to think about a career. Er.....I think I just sounded like your Dad. Get in there son and get on any course you can. The sooner you get in, the quicker you'll make Sergeant, then Inspector, followed by Chief Inspector and it won't be that long before you'll be Superintendant Kier.

Our Super is only 40!

40 is ages away :p (ok maybe not that far...20 years lol).

I wont be stopping at the Specials, I want to join the Regulars as soon as I can, plan is, stay at Tesco's for 3-4 years while being a Special, will give me the experience to see if I can see myself doing it full time (also give me a chance to get as many shares in Tesco as possible :LOL:), then start applying for the Regulars...was thinking of applying for the Regulars first, but dont think that would have been the right choice at all...plus...40 jobs...believe 400 people applied lol.

Just got my fitness test to worry about...two weeks today :(

Just got an email from WYP with my assessment centre results :mad:

I passed (y):D:slayer:

Cheers mate.
I know PCSO isn't as hard as PC assessment. But still a hard one to crack :D

I wont be stopping at the Specials, I want to join the Regulars as soon as I can, plan is, stay at Tesco's for 3-4 years while being a Special, will give me the experience to see if I can see myself doing it full time

you'll know very quickly, and if you put in the hours and get stuck in, i'm sure you'll come to a decision within a year, either to stay as is, or go for it,

you'll know very quickly, and if you put in the hours and get stuck in, i'm sure you'll come to a decision within a year, either to stay as is, or go for it,

Hopefully, although the process from applying, to starting training in Dorset is around 18-24 months, and last time they only had 40 jobs going, and around 400-500 people applied.

Got my fitness test tomorrow...little worried about the bleep test, although, it lasts for around 5 minutes, and I managed to run for 15 on Tuesday without stopping, so hopefully, with the pressure etc, I'll be able to do it.

Hopefully, although the process from applying, to starting training in Dorset is around 18-24 months, and last time they only had 40 jobs going, and around 400-500 people applied.

Got my fitness test tomorrow...little worried about the bleep test, although, it lasts for around 5 minutes, and I managed to run for 15 on Tuesday without stopping, so hopefully, with the pressure etc, I'll be able to do it.
Don't worry about the bleep test, it will start off nice and slow - more like a Sunday stroll!

Have you managed to practice the bleep test? If I'd spotted this thread sooner I would have posted a few links that have the bleep test audio track. (Think one of them was pinched from a Royal Marine training/advice site lol)

Last bleep test I did was at HMS Sultan - my advice would be: Don't do it when you're just getting over a chest infection!! (only got to about level 3.5 lol). Luckily for me, the RFA AIB doesn't include the bleep test as a pass of fail item (unluckily for me, forgetting everything except your name in the interview is a pass or fail item, well, fail lol)

Good luck, take it easy - if you have the determination, you're halfway there!!

Don't worry about the bleep test, it will start off nice and slow - more like a Sunday stroll!

Have you managed to practice the bleep test? If I'd spotted this thread sooner I would have posted a few links that have the bleep test audio track. (Think one of them was pinched from a Royal Marine training/advice site lol)

Last bleep test I did was at HMS Sultan - my advice would be: Don't do it when you're just getting over a chest infection!! (only got to about level 3.5 lol). Luckily for me, the RFA AIB doesn't include the bleep test as a pass of fail item (unluckily for me, forgetting everything except your name in the interview is a pass or fail item, well, fail lol)

Good luck, take it easy - if you have the determination, you're halfway there!!

I've seen it done...had the chance to do it, but had a ingrown toenail removed the day before, so couldn't take part.

Had a go on the treadmil, changing the speed up when needed etc...only to notice it was in kph not mph >.<...however, managed to run at around 6mph on Wednesday for 15 minutes non stop...which is more than enough.

PASSED!!

Just medical left, and vetting which is ongoing.
The vetting forms anything like the MOD one's? They're great fun to fill out :D (Are you, or any member of your family a member of any terrorist organisation?)

BZ on passing :D

Good luck, hope they don't find anything too bad in your past :rolleyes:(y)

Back