Currently reading:
Help with Head Unit

RedCinqSport

Hello guys

im new to this forum - and new to the cinq's

Ive just bought my first car - ive got a standard fiat cinquecento

It had a **** head unit install and ive just taken the brick out lol

ive got a cheap goodmans head unit from argos - and would like to install this

how ever all the connectors from the car its self are different colours and once connector the head unit will not power up - works fine in my mums punto - just not mine.

if anyone can help me sort out the wiring or a easier way to install the head then that will be a big bonus.

look forward to hearing from you soon :)

You may need an adaptor as Ozzie said, but there's a chance that the wiring could have been butchered in the past (my Cinq was - it had an extra power wire added for some reason). A pic of the wiring would confirm either way.

And welcome to the forum :wave:

thanks guys - there was a bad connection in one of the connectors - cuts the ends of and re-wired them back up - all working fine

thanks for the help

Danny :slayer:

chaos said:
my Cinq was - it had an extra power wire added for some reason

Hey, I'm new to this forum having bought my yellow cinq sporting last week. but I can tell you that the extra power lead was probably added as an "ignition sensitive" one. The cinq's standard is that the head unit is hard wired and so is always on. my guess is that whoever had the car before you didn't like this.

I'm only replying because I am in the situation where I need a wiring diagram of the cinq so that I can add that same power lead and have my HU switch off with the engine.

any help much appreciated!

uniquestar said:
Hey, I'm new to this forum having bought my yellow cinq sporting last week. but I can tell you that the extra power lead was probably added as an "ignition sensitive" one. The cinq's standard is that the head unit is hard wired and so is always on. my guess is that whoever had the car before you didn't like this.

No it wasn't. Still was always on as per standard (i.e. didn't need ignition on to power it up), but without it the HU didn't power up at all.

Back