Technical Help Required Please with Stilo, Central Locking; Key Fob Problem.

Currently reading:
Technical Help Required Please with Stilo, Central Locking; Key Fob Problem.

mohammedkhalam

Hi all,

After scouring the forums for answers I have tried everything and had to start a new thread.

Recently my remote key fob stopped working out of the blue, it was working fine an hour before it stopped. Now I have to put the key in the door and open it manually. I just thought it was a remote issue and put it to the back of my mind.

I went and changed the battery in the remote as I thought it may be that but it was not.

The other day I offered a friend a lift, that's when I found out the passenger door was not opening, nor the boot. The passenger door seems to be unlocked but stuck? It will not open from inside or out. The electric windows on that side work fine but when I attempt to control it from the drivers side, it jitters then works after a bit but same issue all the time!

I have noticed there is not a place to insert the key on the passenger side :/

I have just tried disconnecting the battery and after leaving it for like an hour.......didn't work either :( the door is completely stuck and the fob is not working.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Hi J,

I just tried that, it didn't work, it sounded like the lock did come up when I turned it the second time. Is there an entry slot for the key on the nearside? There doesn't seem to be one :/

Khalam

I've had a look through the menu and cannot find 'individual' setting. Whatever there was I have turned off and still no luck. On the first turn the lock comes up on the passenger side.

Shadeyman; I have disconnected the positive already, it's been unattached a couple of hours now was going to leave it overnight.

Hey, so I went to my car today full of hope and it didn't work. Fob still does not work although the boot opens now but the passenger door still won't budge!! What to do now?

Regarding the fob, any ideas how to repair that without going to dealer?

Yes it does, I had a fresh battery put in there when I first started having problems.

Would that solve the problem with the passenger door because that does not want to open!!

Thanks for the link, I've had a quick look, so with the leads and this software I can reprogram it?
I was going to purchase an OBDII lead in the future, might as well do it now.

Key Code? Where do I find this? From what I've read it has to be from dealer?

Sounds like the wiring harness junction
at some point in the car or where it enters
the car.

Thinking about it the ony way I think you will
solve it is by removing the passenger seat to get access
to the door panel - then try and remove the door
panel without damaging it you can then get at the
locking mechanism. Sounds like the deadlock is stuck.

Or you could have the in-car menu set to just the
drivers door to operate.

John

What is the wiring harness junction? I had a look and it seems I can get the door panel off, I am going to attempt it in the morning now.

In the in-car menu, I have set everything off but still no luck.

Back