Technical Help...Power steering...GONE!

Currently reading:
Technical Help...Power steering...GONE!

:cry: I went to start up my car (fiat punto 1.2 sporting Y reg 2000) after parking out side a shop for 5minutes at most and it seems my power steering has decided not to work! Iv been lookin thru the other posts to see if i can self-medicate but so far havn't really found any difinitive answers...im starting to think this is going to cost me a bomb!

I havent had any problems before which havnt been solved by just turning the car off and starting it back up so i was a bit shocked when it packed up...today its pretty determined not to work, the city light is jammed on and the red steering light is staying on aswell...i would appreciate some advice as im not sure my arms are up to the strain, and i know my bank account is particularly fragile at the moment with University just round the corner!! Please help!! :(

(Apologies if this question keeps coming up and i havnt stumbled over the answer...)

Is it permanantly heavy? not on and off? If so it has FAILED!

Quite expensive but if you know someone that can fit it I have a spare column from a 51 plate (y)

Its been heavy all day so far...ive been out to check a few times but nothing has changed as of yet, my uncle is a mechanic so he'd probably be able to do the work its just the part im needing so far iv found one for £185 delivered by BBA Reman as recommended on here but its still a bit steep...how much would you want for yours and would it suit my car? Sorry im a real woman when it comes to the tech side of cars...useless!

Back