Fiorino (Mk3) HELP!!! NO Reverse Gear

Currently reading:
Fiorino (Mk3) HELP!!! NO Reverse Gear

Ray D

Just replaced the Gear Linkages and I Have No Reverse Gear?? Goes into 4th I Think instead?
Any Ideas Anyone?
TIA
Ray

Id imagine it's the gear linkage adjuster, check to see whether there is one as I know there is one on the 1.2 Punto. If so, play around with that until you get it right

Hi.
Yes It has two Adjusters. Guess I'll have to start again from scratch with the Adjusters.
Cheers

Yes, it shouldn't be too tricky to go back and fourth trying the different positions, hope this solves your issue

Hi Again.
Yes they do match...It's Just Going to Take Time to set up. Which is a shame - I Had gear 1-5 Sliding in Just Nice.. And thought I Had it all sorted Until I Went for a spin and pulled up back at home and had no Reverse..Doh! Going to knock it on the head for today.

I've never done anything like this before - I've only worked On Vespa's and Lambretta's Up until now... So learning as I Go.

Cheers Again :)

Quick Update - Finally threw In the towel - I Just couldn't Sort It So had to get a professional In to sort it - All done now but did confirm my suspicions that the gear selector (Gear Stick) Mech is well worn which is why it looks like it's in neutral when it's in 5th or reverse gear so this will need replacing at a future time.
Thanks all who offered advice on this - It was very good of you to take the time.
Stay safe one and all!! love and peacexx

Hello Ray - sorry you had to resort to a workshop doing it though.

A cheeky question, but you dont have to answer it if you'd rather not:
How much did they charge for sorting that out?

Don't mind at all mate - I Got a local Mobile Mechanic to come and do it
Cost £45. Took about an hour and a half as it was a lot of adjustment and then go for a drive, Adjust it again, go for a drive and so on.

I Believe it's only the Fiorino and one other that come with the adjustable cables - all others are cut to fit.

Like i said it also gave me a second opinion on the gear selector being worn and not play in the gear box as I first feared.

Hope this helps fella.

Yeh - I Just couldn't do it myself - He was under the bonnet whilst I held it in neutral and did the gears etc..
I Think using a mobile one instead of a garage kept the cost down.

I would have paid double to get it sorted though lol.

Back