General Help needed

Currently reading:
General Help needed

Freyja

I have a 2010 1.6 doblo today the stop/start light has come on along with the engine management light. This happens occasionally and it usually goes off again. Today it first went into limp mode then stopped and everytime I tries to pull off it stalled. I eventually got it to my brothers and he put his diagnostic thing onto it. That said it was something to dowith the exhaust needing to clean itself I can’t remember the proper term.

When I left my brothers the lights had gone off but came on again and again went into limp mode after I went to the shop I got home but it doesn’t seem right.

Anyideas what it could be I am showing my dogs at crufts in 2 weeks and need to know my car is ok to get there and back.

Hi :)

A Regeneration of the DieselParticulate Filter ... maybe ?

The DPF is a 'Soot Trap'.. and uses HEAT to burn off the soot

There are a few things that need to happen before the vehicle can successfully perform a Regen

Has the engine been serviced lately..?

If the cars 'brain' thinks the oil is too dirty ..it can be a problem

Any chance that a garage has not successfully reset the oil quality figures after changing the oil..??

Hi :)

A Regeneration of the DieselParticulate Filter ... maybe ?

The DPF is a 'Soot Trap'.. and uses HEAT to burn off the soot

There are a few things that need to happen before the vehicle can successfully perform a Regen

Has the engine been serviced lately..?

If the cars 'brain' thinks the oil is too dirty ..it can be a problem

Any chance that a garage has not successfully reset the oil quality figures after changing the oil..??
My brother did an oil change and changed all the filters last weekend. The oil lights have all gone off now . I think he said his diagnostic thing said it was the DBF. I only do short journeys to work but then drive 10 miles on a Saturday unless I am at a dog show which is usually further. Since the end of last year I haven’t really driven any big distance apart from the odd 20 mile trip but have only done that twice since the beginNing of december

There is a thing that counts oil quality

Oil Degradation Index... (how dirty it is)

And another for how full of soot the DPF Is

They both want checking now it has clean oil and 'seems better' :)

Do let us know what you find...

Enjoy your trip !! (y)
How do you check them please

No you have to make a little longer trip, recommended on the highway, where you can rev up the engine, so that the DPF cleaning process can complete successfully.

Thank you I will take it on a longer trip at the weekend.

Yesterday when I came home from work the lights had gone of again and it does seem to be driving ok but as I say I will get it out for a longer drive at the weekend

Back