help needed!!!

Currently reading:
help needed!!!

puntogt1

i just put a recon turbo my my car and still smokes very bad, the smoke is white and it is drinking feul. it also wont boast well any ideas? been told it ent the piston rings as it starts first click and not stem seals as its white smoke. it dont use oil or water either?

Might help if we knew what car it is and petrol or diesel engine :)

lmao i think his username gives it away, a fiat punto 94-95reg gt turbo 1.4.
Where did you get the re-con turbo from? was it ur old one or did u buy it from sumwhere? are the no leaks from the engine bay?

yh m8 its a 1.4 petrol turbo on a m reg which is the gt1, it was my old turbo which been reconed and it doesnt use water or oil?

When I was in the motor trade (a long time ago) white smoke was usually caused by brake fluid being drawn into the engine and burnt. This was when the servo had the master cylinder mounted on them and the brake pedal acted directly on the servo.

Faulty seals in the master cylinder allowed hydraulic fluid to drain back into vacuum servo and then it was sucked into into inlet manifold via the vacuum hose.

Not certain what system you have on your car but it can't hurt to just check the fluid level, if nothing else it serves to eliminate a possible cause.

Back