Technical Help Needed : Engine Revving by Itself

Currently reading:
Technical Help Needed : Engine Revving by Itself

robwhite

Hi there
My fiat Panda 1.2 Dynamic ECO petrol has started revving uncontrollably from around 1500rpm to 2500rpm and back down, the car drives okay once you are moving but you have to be on the throttle or it will continue to rev itself up and down like that, I have already replaced the idle air control valve and that seems to have improved the problem, there doesnt seem to be any vaccum leaks.
Any Help or ideas appreciated,
Thanks

1.2 Dynamic ECO

they dont normally have an idle control valve? Normally only Pandas with cable throttles have a ICV

Idle is normally controlled solely by the butterfly?

Its a MAP engine. Any leak up stream of the sensor is detected by the sensor an adjusted for automatically

I would start by disconnecting the MAP. I will be quite hard to start and a touch of accelerator is need for awhile. See if there's a blob of oil on the end of the sensor

check the spark plugs

It will either be a low rev misfire or a sensor giving wildly incorrect data. Normal it just a matter of reading the live data to spot the one thats incorrect. I have seen this with a faulty temperature sensor. It would flicker to 6255 degrees but there are other causes

Last edited:
Back