Technical Help my Fiat 500 1.2 8V will not start!

Currently reading:
Technical Help my Fiat 500 1.2 8V will not start!

Thnaks for helping guys. The car is back from Fiat.

The alternator was not turning smoothly. This caused the crankshaft to slow down. The car starts again.
So, from what you're saying, the alternator was partially siezed? I believe the Punto is well known to suffer from this as water from the heater plenum chamber runs off right over it? I seem to remember reading a post about how to modify the drains? I've been meaning to have a good look at my boy's Punto (2012 model) to see if it could be affected, but just keep forgetting to do so.

Good thing you've got it fixed and working again.
But you know, you kind of tricked us with your first post

That and all other technical details mentioned gave me the impression that you thoroughly verified the battery and the electrical Holy Trinity (Batery, Starter, Alternator). In the future, I am going to mention the basics stuff on forum, when someone mentions their problem, even if there's an impression that it was verified.
At yours, you just got us thinking to more complicated cause and it turned out to be one of the basics.
Again, good thing you've got it fixed!
I have not misled anyone. Apparently, English is too bad.

Again

Battery was just full enough to start.

The dynamo slowed down the crankshaft. Due to a broken bearing which did not make any noise.

I already had to start the car without the multirib belt to be able to determine this.

Unfortunately nobody came up with this idea so please don't blame me here.

So, from what you're saying, the alternator was partially siezed? I believe the Punto is well known to suffer from this as water from the heater plenum chamber runs off right over it? I seem to remember reading a post about how to modify the drains? I've been meaning to have a good look at my boy's Punto (2012 model) to see if it could be affected, but just keep forgetting to do so.
Yes, it turned heavily with resistance. It did not make any strange noises. The engine apparently had too little starting rpm. Around 350 rpm and it needs 450 rpm to start.

Back