Technical Help!! Mk2 uno turbo injectors not firing

Currently reading:
Technical Help!! Mk2 uno turbo injectors not firing

Sotogun

Hello all,

I'm in desperate need for any suggestions to my problem. I have a 1991 fiat uno turbo 1.4 that my dad had in our garage and I've been fiddling with it for some months. I've started it up after 12 years and on Easter i took it for it's first drive. Anyway this week i had some maintenance to do. (remove an old alarm and put a new one, change speedo cable and thermostat). After completing everything i put the car back together and when i crank the injectors are not firing. Note that the old alarm only messed with the fuel pump but now that's ok. I've checked everything i could think of. Relays, ground, spark, coil, pump and many others. Ive come to the conclusion that it is either the bosch maf malfunction (but i dont want to think of that) either a bad ground somewhere, or idk. Also note that i messed around a bit on the inside fuses etc but nothing major. (and all injectors get +12v on both terminals constantly)

Found it, all ok. Now it's just the shitty brakes after the whole brake system rebuild. Any ideas?

What was it in the end?
It was a slight unconnected waterproof 2 pin plug... The retaining clip was broken and the 2 sides where seperated for a couple of mm. Can you recommend anything besides air and pads for long brake pedal travel? Any known uno problems?

It was a slight unconnected waterproof 2 pin plug... The retaining clip was broken and the 2 sides where seperated for a couple of mm. Can you recommend anything besides air and pads for long brake pedal travel? Any known uno problems?
Does the Uno Turbo had brake drums on the rear like the rest of the models?

If so then these can be responsible for excessive brake travel. This happens when the springs pull the shoes too far back so they have to travel further the reach the drums.

A quick test for this is to apply the handbrake so the shoes rub a little. Do this with a "rolling stop". Now drive and check the pedal travel.

On the Uno, Regata, Strada drum brakes the shows have a friction cup/pad adjuster that sits over a pin in the backing plate. This cut/pad is easily overcome by braking force but usually not by the brake shoe return springs. What can happen is these friction cups/pads wear over time and slip more easily resulting in the springs pulling to shoes too far back/away from the drum.

Back