General Help Car Cutting Out

Currently reading:
General Help Car Cutting Out

Hi all, noticed this morning that my car was developing a slight missfire, this got considerably worse, then the car cut out and would not restart, it would turn over but no fire, there was no spark from leads, the code light was on the dash. i disconnected the neg lead from the battery and the car started fine

this has happened once before a couple of months ago

please help

Hi all, noticed this morning that my car was developing a slight missfire, this got considerably worse, then the car cut out and would not restart, it would turn over but no fire, there was no spark from leads, the code light was on the dash. i disconnected the neg lead from the battery and the car started fine

this has happened once before a couple of months ago

please help

clean the - terminels on the battery and the lead. if no improvement follow the - leads to the earth points on the car and give them a clean with a wire brush. see if that helps

No spark would indicate a connectivity problem somewhere (yeah, I know, dead clever me :D lol)

Whether it be the plugs themselves, the leads, the coil packs or even dodgy earth as suggested above.

Of course, it could also be something more serious, but lets stick to the basics first (and besides, changing any or all of the above won't harm the car, maybe even work out better in the long run (y))

Back