Technical help!! . call me a dumbass but...

Currently reading:
Technical help!! . call me a dumbass but...

maxen

(and im just double checking here)
:(
my mum's fiat cinquecento 899cc sx alternator belt has ****ed itself (screaching and actually BROKE once, and has been tightened up a few times to stop sqealing) 3 or 4 times in the past year+1/2. i saw earlier today to check myself incase it snapped again and i saw big chunks of the belt teeth were missing! and the alternators' 'wheel' ill call it, i could turn freely and smoothly myself while the belt remained the same position. < see cos im a capri owner i dont know wether these are normal or what!! my capri has never done anything like this! funny really. anywho, could it be as its a reccurring problem, that one of the belt wheels is shot away and messing up the belts everytime?

i thought also that because this car has also 'died' on me ,literally not firing, turning, no lights nothing . i took the battery out 2 times and it was fully charged + then plumbed it back in and it worked no problems. the third time the battery was truely flat. i thought that maybe there is more to it than i thought+ possibly alt. related? i dunno. this is the most confusing problem.

i was hoping to know what the fault was myself without paying someone else just to find out!
i dont particularly want anyone having an accident due to these faults you know what i mean?!?

any suggestions or has anyone had the same problems?:confused:

Last edited:
was new mid/end of last year! was fine till a few days ago, drove it just now and its more constant the noise.

If you get a straight edge and put it across the outside of the alternator pulley does it line up with the pulley on the crank? If they are not in line, it'd chew belts as described:)

its not bad but i wouldnt say it was a perfect lineup.
maybe thats it then. will look into that more then.

(y)

Back