General Help a new panda owner (2009 // 169 //1.2 V8 dynamic) upgrade the sound system? :)

Currently reading:
General Help a new panda owner (2009 // 169 //1.2 V8 dynamic) upgrade the sound system? :)

EJMpanda

Hello fellow panda owners!

As it says, I would love to upgrade the sound system here, and that also can include the insulation in and around the car.
My budget? Let's say: roughly 200-250 euros. But this isn't set in stone.

I've read the guide about changing out the head unit, and I am certain that this is quite easy to do.
However, do you have any recommendations here for the HU?
Unfortunately, ours was traded out for some random VW Beta stereo (only a tape player there!..)

Regarding the speakers, bass is less important to me than good quality audio.
If we can do 2-for-1 and reduce the road noise from going 120km+ on the autobahn by adding door insulation, this would be aaaaamazing.

Any DIY suggestions and good entry level speakers/HU/etc would be highly appreciated.
I am quite handy and confident I can build everything in, but I have almost no experience with audio/hi-fi.

Here are some speakers I have found on our local website, would this type work well?
1)https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/jbl-stage-1-lautsprecher-auto/2236853981-223-9527
2)https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/jbl-lautsprecher-fuer-auto/2230792812-172-3811
3)https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/jbl-2604c-auto-kfz-lautsprecher/2217872263-172-4826
4)https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s...4-2-wege-auto-lautsprecher/2204500515-172-622

Many many thanks :)

Hey A3jeroen, thanks for the info.
I also thought adding tweeters would be awesome. Is the wiring already there? Would you give me some more info as to which ones you bought and a brief breakdown of the process?

I do not have the Panda anymore (Abarth now), but from memory: I bought a complete set on E-Bay, had to take the doorcards off and splice the resistor and wires in the wiring for the original speakers. It has been at least 7 years ago, so if they are still available on E-Bay? You could drill the existing covers if the perforated covers are no longer available.

gr J

I do not have the Panda anymore (Abarth now), but from memory: I bought a complete set on E-Bay, had to take the doorcards off and splice the resistor and wires in the wiring for the original speakers. It has been at least 7 years ago, so if they are still available on E-Bay? You could drill the existing covers if the perforated covers are no longer available.

gr J
Hello! If you want to change the head unit, I recommend you a well known brand instead of a cheap Chinese one from Amazon. You know: alpine, pioneer, kenwood, clarion... in my case I put an alpine UTE-93DAB on it and the improvement is huge. I have also changed the speakers for 2-way ones. RSE Focal -165. And 2-channel Hertz amplifier. It is essential to insulate front doors. I put the tweeters in their original place. But I didn't like how they sounded, they lose a lot. So I anchored them directly to the mirror covers
20221016_194334.jpg
. They are well oriented towards you and very secure. If you are interested in more I will tell you about the subwoofer that I have installed. It's worth it. You enjoy driving much more. It's like being at a party.

Hello! If you want to change the head unit, I recommend you a well known brand instead of a cheap Chinese one from Amazon. You know: alpine, pioneer, kenwood, clarion... in my case I put an alpine UTE-93DAB on it and the improvement is huge. I have also changed the speakers for 2-way ones. RSE Focal -165. And 2-channel Hertz amplifier. It is essential to insulate front doors. I put the tweeters in their original place. But I didn't like how they sounded, they lose a lot. So I anchored them directly to the mirror coversView attachment 413991. They are well oriented towards you and very secure. If you are interested in more I will tell you about the subwoofer that I have installed. It's worth it. You enjoy driving much more. It's like being at a party.
Spot on advice
I bought a used Alpine head unit, paired with component speakers in the front, with sound deadening too, and it sounds great

Spot on advice
I bought a used Alpine head unit, paired with component speakers in the front, with sound deadening too, and it sounds great
Yes, Alpine sounds great. Does yours have USB socket?
If you add an active subwoofer the sound improves much more. I put an 8 in. Hertz in the boot and insulation too.

Attachments

• IMG_1164.JPG
    IMG_1164.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 33
Yes, Alpine sounds great. Does yours have USB socket?
If you add an active subwoofer the sound improves much more. I put an 8 in. Hertz in the boot and insulation too.
Insulating the boot is a brilliant idea, I might do this to also help with exhaust noise! Yes, I have USB and Bluetooth, I've gone with an under seat subwoofer and it's just enough bass for now. The sound from the Alpine is much better than the newer Sony unit I took out.

Insulating the boot is a brilliant idea, I might do this to also help with exhaust noise! Yes, I have USB and Bluetooth, I've gone with an under seat subwoofer and it's just enough bass for now. The sound from the Alpine is much better than the newer Sony unit I took out.
I can't ear the exhaust anymore. Even I've insulate the bonnet. I couldn't resist. Too much easy
20221018_141322.jpg

@cablesmorera
What type of material is this that you used for the sound proofing? Any tips for installing it? :)
from a webstore here in Spain: Solocaraudio. The manufacturer is STP. There is another manufacturer just as good: CTK. There are other manufacturers like gladen or focal that also make amplifiers and speakers, but they are more expensive perhaps.
In YouTube there are a lot of videos about STP. They teach you how to apply the materials. It's very didactic.
There are several types of materials. Depends on where you want to put it.

from a webstore here in Spain: Solocaraudio. The manufacturer is STP. There is another manufacturer just as good: CTK. There are other manufacturers like gladen or focal that also make amplifiers and speakers, but they are more expensive perhaps.
In YouTube there are a lot of videos about STP. They teach you how to apply the materials. It's very didactic.
Here's an example of a UK seller, you'll also need a roller to apply it - https://www.carinsulation.co.uk/Sou...for_Car_Campervan_Boat/p3073840_20853248.aspx

IMG_20220513_120338.jpg

Back