i both yesterday a Bravo 1.2 trofeo from 2000 with 122000km
but i have some quations
what problems come with the car ?
and by the km meter is a light in the shap of a key that is on
what do it meen
i don`t have the car yet the garage is fixing some problems with the car

greetings arnold

In Dutch:

De 1.2 is een vrij betrouwbare motor. Er zijn niet echt "standaard" problemen mee. Het sleuteltje (Oranje waarschijnlijk) is de indicatie voor de startblokkering. Deze zou na een paar seconden uit moeten gaan als je het contact aan zet.

In english for those who can't understand dutch:
The 1.2 is a pretty reliable engine. There aren't any real "standard problems" with it. The key symbol (Probably orange) is the indicator for the immobilizer. It should go out after a few seconds when you turn on the ignition.

das mooi om te horen dat er geen standaard gebreken zijn :)
maar het lampje blijft branden wat kan dit betekenen

thats nice there no Standard Problemes
but de light stay on

gr arnold

If the key light is on then the key is not recognised by the car, and it should not start (ignition is blocked). Sometimes you have to teach the key to the car, normally you need the Red key for this but there are different procedures. You can search on the Forum for information on this.

The main problem with the 1.2 cars is the engine - the cylinder head gasket can fail so it is best to check that the cooling system is well maintained with the correct antifreeze etc. Otherwise it is a great little engine, but you will need special tools to change the cambelt..

Most problems can be solved with an engine diagnosis that will tell you if some sensor or component has failed.

the car wil start and de key light is on
what can it be
and how can i see if the cylinder head gasket is broken

gr arnold

Back