Ducato Hello Newbie Fiat Ducato motorhome owner!

Currently reading:
Ducato Hello Newbie Fiat Ducato motorhome owner!

Hi everyone - The Fiat Ducato Hobby 1991 is a great vehicle and for its age in great condition. It is LHD. The only problem we ever have is the clutch playing up when we've been travelling for a couple of hours especially in Cornwall, lol... In 2020 we had a new clutch kit and cable fitted which solved the problem wonderfully after we tracked down the correct LHD cable. 3 years later, after a trip to a garage who claims they haven't touched the clutch it is playing up again. It wasn't right from the moment I collected it but it was working fine when I took it to them. Any ideas? Is there clutch fluid required? Can't see anywhere to check it only the brake fluid cannister is visible under the spare wheel. So, we are having a new clutch cable fitted but I have my doubts... It still looks as new as it did in 2020.

Hi Crystalfiat1991,
Your have not defined your expression "clutch playing up". Do you mean that the clutch is slipping under load, or is it not disengaging fully, and making gear changing difficult?

As your vehicle has a mechanically operated clutch, it will not use hydraulic fluid. Also I doubt that a three year old clutch cable will need replacing. The clutch cable could however require adjusting.

Back