General Hello! Looking for help with parts for HGT please.

Currently reading:
General Hello! Looking for help with parts for HGT please.

Hi, Im new to the forum and have the 1.8 HGT 130. It needs a bit of tinkering. The first job that needs doing is the flexi pipe but by the looks of it comes as part of the front pipe and isnt replaceable seperatley? Any idea and advice on what to get? Thank you :)

You can get flexi repairs online, it's just a new flexi that you clamp on in place of the old one

Fab thanks, Ive just found the repair kit on ebay for £28 but the whole pipe would only cost £50 fron eurocarparts (If Ive got the right one) so might just spend the extra. Booked it in for CV boots as theyre shot. Brakes are fine but they grind a little when cold, is this normal? Forgive my ignorance but just upgraded from a little 1.2 sporting so not 100% with this yet.

Fab thanks, Ive just found the repair kit on ebay for £28 but the whole pipe would only cost £50 fron eurocarparts (If Ive got the right one) so might just spend the extra. Booked it in for CV boots as theyre shot. Brakes are fine but they grind a little when cold, is this normal? Forgive my ignorance but just upgraded from a little 1.2 sporting so not 100% with this yet.

A little Grinding / odd noises 1st thing in a morning isn't uncommon

It takes like just 1hr for rust to start forming on the discs, its very minor rust like
So the first few brake presses you hear more noise as the pads and disc rub clean again

If the noise doesn't disappear after a good few presses - there is a problem espically if it was driven day before

When i brought my punto - the brake discs were scrap really, really rusty, first presses didnt get any better, i cooked the disc's and got brake fade, no biggie tho - if you know whats what

A few days later after they'd cleaned up, it was okay again
But i still threw some pads and disc's on as they were never gonna be right again

Ziggy

still no closer with exhaust!

Well, I ordered a reapir kit for the flexi... didnt fit sent it back. No problem I thought, Ill order the whole downpipe. Went on euro car parts, put the reg plate in and ordered said downpipe. That doesnt flipping fit either!! Phoned europarts "oh that one is for an older model, it won't fit yours". FFS why did you sell it me under that reg plate then?!! Searched massivley and can't seem to find one for the 2004 HGT at all, only up to 2003. Next option is to chop out flexi pipe (rest of downpipe is sound) and weld in.

Re: still no closer with exhaust!

Well, I ordered a reapir kit for the flexi... didnt fit sent it back. No problem I thought, Ill order the whole downpipe. Went on euro car parts, put the reg plate in and ordered said downpipe. That doesnt flipping fit either!! Phoned europarts "oh that one is for an older model, it won't fit yours". FFS why did you sell it me under that reg plate then?!! Searched massivley and can't seem to find one for the 2004 HGT at all, only up to 2003. Next option is to chop out flexi pipe (rest of downpipe is sound) and weld in.

The 2003 and 2004 didnt change tho on the chassis....
Unless youre a 1.9 M-Jet HGT - which is still same chassis but not same engine as the HGT 1.8 16v petrol

Eurocarparts online site is hit and miss
it doesn't always come up trumps
it does fall fowl - you can always check with them by ringing up

There are other Auto suppliers like Andrew Paige and the Sutton Auto Factors Group etc etc

Thanks Ziggy Ill have a look at those. Just called fiat and got the genuine part number to cross reference. Even the bloke at fiat said good luck with that one lol. I thought the same about the year, its got me baffled. It is the facelift but as far as I was aware that was only asthetic changes not engine or parts?! Anyway will let you know if I get anywhere.

Thanks Ziggy Ill have a look at those. Just called fiat and got the genuine part number to cross reference. Even the bloke at fiat said good luck with that one lol. I thought the same about the year, its got me baffled. It is the facelift but as far as I was aware that was only asthetic changes not engine or parts?! Anyway will let you know if I get anywhere.

Yea most was aesthetic
Lights Bumpers - Bonnet - Tailgate - Slam Pannel - Interior colours changed and there was a slight change in the electrical systesm (Canbusd and relay-less Power steering)

Ziggy

Back