General Hello all

Currently reading:
General Hello all

particleastro

A big hello to you all, first post with some questions so I hope I have posted in an appropriate section of the board.

After a year with an Orion, I'm tired of poor mpg, no driving fun and, to be honest, no self-esteem. My mums had a K-reg pre-SX cinq (one of the first in the country I have been told), and although hasnt looked after it as well as it should have been (new engine at 60k, and another one required now, anti-freeze in the water mum!!), and once hired a Cinq Sporting. So, its time to flog the Fixed or Repaired Daily Orion and get a little yellow burst of fun.

Some questions first though. I have always been a modder at heart, and I think the Cinq will be in for a bit of fettling.
1. Arbath body kits. Are these available separatley or do they only come on car?
2. Engines. Ive read about the 1.2 FIRE upgrade, and also the 1.2 Super FIRE (16v) upgrade. The first is a bolt in job (grins) but the second is supposed to be a bit tricker. Is either of these (or for that matter, the original 1100 FIRE fitted to the Sporting) candidates for carburettors? If so, what size and does it make fitting the 16v motor any easier?
3. Wheels. While trying my hardest to not sound like a kev, what sort of wheel size is feasible? A nice set of 14" Compomotives would look nice but would they fit?
4. How low can you go?! I guess 30mm is pretty much a standard distance, but whats the lowest you guys have gone?

Forgot to mention, we've had a variety of Fiats in our time, including a y-reg (dont know the year) Super Strada. That was a cool car, and its only now Im realising the value in keeping motors like this alive.

Thanks for your time reading this, look forward to frequenting the board and getting to know a few of you...
Cheers,
John

Last edited:
Hello M8.. First of all WELCOME TO THE CRAZY LAND OF FIATS !!! (y)

...I dont know so much myself, but there are members on here that can tell you all about Cinqs & Seis INSIDE OUT.

Cant answer all questions.. but you can get the Abarth Kits from a few places:

www.stxstyling.co.uk < Storm Kits 2 !

www.fastfiat.com

try eBay worldwide, one going cheap on there @ the moment, wont post up all the links for you but look around & you will find.

& my Cinq is lowered 40mm with standard alloys on but thinking of getting some 14" Cosmo's myself, when I find the cash.

1. Arbath body kits. Are these available separatley or do they only come on car?
The parts are available seperately.

2. Engines. Ive read about the 1.2 FIRE upgrade, and also the 1.2 Super FIRE (16v) upgrade. The first is a bolt in job (grins) but the second is supposed to be a bit tricker. Is either of these (or for that matter, the original 1100 FIRE fitted to the Sporting) candidates for carburettors? If so, what size and does it make fitting the 16v motor any easier?
I've went down the thinking of the carb'd 16v but you need custom management, exhaust and lots of other stuff, unless you do all the work yourself and can make stuff for it, it works out at mega money, better tuning up the 60 engine to be honest, reliablitly, easy fixed and mpg id still good.

3. Wheels. While trying my hardest to not sound like a kev, what sort of wheel size is feasible? A nice set of 14" Compomotives would look nice but would they fit?
15's can go if it ain't lowered, 14's and as you mention 30mm is an available option. Offset of normal Cinq alloys is 30.5mm, get as close to that as you can and try no more than 6" wide if going 14".

4. How low can you go?! I guess 30mm is pretty much a standard distance, but whats the lowest you guys have gone?
50mm and 70mm has been done in cases but it depends on how practical you need your car to be.

Oh and welcome!

Liam

Well my cars got 14's with 185/50 tyres and its lowered 40mm on full suspension kit and now nadles better than alot of more expensive cars

One thing though ive just been thinking is as you say fitting carbs to the 1.2 16v because then you wouldnt need engine management or the wiring for it and would just need to sort out the mounting issues and exhaust which makes the job alot easier but carbs arent really as reliable as well set up injection.

And on the subject of going low a member called ARC on here has got a cinq sporting with standard wheels and he has lowered that 60mm

Back