Ducato Hello, 2022 Ducato based campervan newbie on board....

Currently reading:
Ducato Hello, 2022 Ducato based campervan newbie on board....

sootymarmaladedip

Can't resist getting stuck in to DIY upgrading - just on with head unit change to Alpine with can bus instruments connection - not going to plan as the instruction show different colour sequence wires in the connector to mine (possible LH drive differences?) so it's tricky getting the can bus wires in the right place. Alpine head unit currently says connected but not working. Does anyone know what the wiring layout should be? Thanks in advance!
Instructions:
Alpine.png

Mine: nb can bus wires already removed and replaced by loop wires from head unit but not certain if they are back in the original place as I stupidly didn't do a BEFORE snap:
1679336521006.jpg

My experience of Fiat wires is that if there are different colour wires at all you are doing well!! Its going to involve some patience unless someone on here comes to the rescue.... which they may well do particulalry if you put a post up with the problem in the title. Im sure you will get there even if you have to test each wire to i/D the function. Good luck.

My experience of Fiat wires is that if there are different colour wires at all you are doing well!! Its going to involve some patience unless someone on here comes to the rescue.... which they may well do particulalry if you put a post up with the problem in the title. Im sure you will get there even if you have to test each wire to i/D the function. Good luck.
Many thanks for the reply. I have now worked out that there must be something wrong with the Alpine part as I have been able to work back to the correct arrangement for the instruments can bus but this fails as before when I reconnect again to the head unit. Because of this I am parking this part of the install as it only affects mirroring the reversing sensors on the Alpine screen and everything else works ok. Will take this up with Alpine as this kit should work with my vehicle but clearly something is amiss! Will post any further progress here in case this is useful for anyone else ....

Back